Symantec Access Management

• 1.  ServiceUnavailableException: socket closed

Posted Dec 08, 2017 08:50 AM

Hi,

We are using CA Directory 12.0.18 in for application along with custom java code to connect LDAP and fetch the users data using WebService. when we request data using webservice after some pause for first request we get below error

2017-12-07 20:15:47,787 []INFO  [com.xxxx.***.xxxx.AD_Accessor] getUsernameAndEmailIdStatus() - Exception while trying to retrieve DN for User with xyz@abc.com From AD

javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: xyz.com.au:389; socket closed; remaining name 'ou=Users,ou=yyyy,dc=web,dc=***,dc=com,dc=au'

ll other requests followed by this request get response without any error, it looks like this happens when there has been no request for some time, so the connection which was created by code in LDAP pool goes into ideal state and get closed (that’s why “socket closed” message in the logs). So when a new request is made code tries to use the connection get the error.

So wanted to know what parameter in CA Directory server (or in my code) I can modify to stop this error.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: ServiceUnavailableException: socket closed
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2017 07:40 PM

Hi Rohit,

This sounds like most probably running out of 'user-idle-time' parameter value. I suggest check what you have it set for this specific DSA and adjust it accordingly. This is usually found in .dxc file under LIMITS folder that the DSA is souring in. If not sure on which LIMITS .dxc file, have a look at the dsaname.dxi file under the SERVERS folder to see which one is being sourced under "Operational Limits" section.

Reference: set user-idle-time Command - CA Directory - 12.0.18 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks,

Hitesh

• 3.  Re: ServiceUnavailableException: socket closed

Posted Dec 11, 2017 11:06 PM

Thanks Hitesh for reply, will check and update how it goes.