CA Service Management

• 1.  Change Catalog User BU

Posted Dec 11, 2017 05:35 AM

Is there a way to change the BU from a user doing a bulk load?

I have service catalog linked to multiple ADs and I what to mass change the BU of users based on its email address.

• 2.  Re: Change Catalog User BU
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2017 08:44 AM

Good Afternoon Paulo.

Perhaps a somewhat cryptic explanation. But please check the below and let me know your findings.

I would recommend looking into the provided AC's LDAP Importer utility to import the users into Catalog:
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/administering/configuring-ca-service-catalog/manage-users-with-ca-eem/step-1-import-users-into-the-database

This utility allows for the import of users based on user or group LDAP filters and includes the following parameter to specify the business unit:

-CatalogUser.DefaultBusinessUnit=business-unit
    >Specifies the CA Service Catalog business unit to which users are assigned when they are imported for the first time.

And then the following goes (as in case 221918):
    As seen in the SC Integration guide for the 'CatalogUser.DefaultRole=role':
    Specifies the CA Service Catalog role that users are assigned when they are imported for the first time.
    Once users are imported for the first time, their role assignment does not change, unless you use the CA Service Catalog UI to change it.
    This restriction applies even if you change the value of this parameter and re-import the users.
    This restriction helps maintain the ability of users to log in to CA Service Catalog.

After consulting Sustaining Engineering, this appears not to be true.
    When you reset the value in the .properties file, ldapimporter will change the role for each user it find in the AD.
    You can limit the number of users, depending on the line from the ldap.properties file (the *** between **):
    LDAP.ImportType=User
    and
    LDAP.User.Filter= (sAMAccountName=*****)

NOTE/Warning:
    Please be careful when you (re)set the role for users.
    And please test this carefully on a test environment first.
    Be sure they can login properly to the SC-UI after the ldapimporter has been executed.

With the above explained, when you can 'group' the users in AD(based on their email address).
    You could then possibly set the BU for the users of that group.
    And you then need to create an ldapimporter.properties file per group, with a combination of importtype/filter/defaultbu parameter lines.

Thanks and kind regards, Louis van Amelsfort.