CA Service Management

• 1.  Resend Ticket Resolution Notification

Posted Dec 11, 2017 07:57 AM

Hey guys!

I need to create a button, or something of the type in the detail_cr form so that the analyst has the possibility to resend the ticket resolution message more than once.

I thought of using the manaul notification option to resubmit the resolution message, however, the nf.htmpl page does not allow the html message of the ticket solution to be used, just the manual notification. I thought about using webservice or even macros and events to run this option, but I'm not sure what is the best way to customize this requirement.

Did any of you ever have to do something like that?

• 2.  Re: Resend Ticket Resolution Notification
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 11, 2017 08:05 AM

Hi Diego,

Happy Monday!!  So the first thing I would need to understand is why the resend is needed... meaning - was the solution sent, but the end user didnt respond to it, so you want to resend it again to that end user?   If so, then what is the mechanism being used to know that the end user acknowledged the solution was sent?  Do they update the status of the ticket or something?  If so, then you can use a condition on an event/macro to do a notification to the affected end user with the solution... the condition would be such that the status is set to something specific.  For example, lets say you have the analysts sending the solution to the end user, and then they set the status of the ticket to "resolved" (but not closed...so its still active).  Then when the end user responds to the fact that they got the solution, they change the status of the ticket to "closed".    The event would be such that if the status is set to resolved, after X amount of time, then notify the affected end user (which the template would have the solution in it...).   Then the event can repeat again every X days or however long you want it to be.

Does this make sense?  

Anyone else have any ideas for Diego?

Jon

• 3.  Re: Resend Ticket Resolution Notification

Posted Dec 11, 2017 09:15 AM

Hi Jon_Israel!!

Great Monday for you too and thanks  for answering!

Your suggestion of event creation for resubmission at certain times makes a lot of sense, even, this was one of my suggestions to meet customer needs, including.

However, they would like a button on the ticket form to resend this notification manually at certain times

Well, there is a feature in the notification message in the resolved status that enables the customer to close the ticket by clicking on a specific link defined in this notification message, closing the ticket via webservice.

Sometimes the customer ends up not performing this validation by clicking on the link, which is why I have been asked to develop some functionality to resend this notification.

Many thanks again for answering!