Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

Need a custom view to display metric report from Agile central to report test cases, defect related metrics by Iteration.

• 1.  Need a custom view to display metric report from Agile central to report test cases, defect related metrics by Iteration.

Posted Dec 11, 2017 04:30 PM

Created REST API connection to capture the metric report but had to loop through all user stories to arrive at the # of test cases and defects for a release. 

Is there a out-of-the-box summary view by iteration or multiple iterations combined to display the metric of total test cases, defects.

When we go in Iteration status tab and try to add filter, we can filter for defects but not by tests. There is an option to add Testset though. Expectation is Iteration is already tied with user story which in turn is tied with tests, can we pull that metric at iteration status tab?

• 2.  Re: Need a custom view to display metric report from Agile central to report test cases, defect related metrics by Iteration.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 13, 2017 01:47 AM

Hi Kalyanaraman,

The Track > Iteration Status page has multiple views, but defaults to the Task view. If you click the Select Saved View drop down you will also have the option to choose views more tailored to either Test, or Defects. I'm not sure if its exactly what you are looking for, but its worth checking out. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of options to list test cases by iteration. The test cases themselves are not assigned to an iteration, but instead usually associated to another item that is, such as a story, defect, or test set. Since they can't be directly assigned to an iteration there isn't currently a method to "filter" for it. I'm sorry that I couldn't think of a better option.