AnsweredAssumed Answered

Emergency Change Workflow Approvals

Question asked by jlhawley on Dec 12, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 22, 2018 by jlhawley

I have investigated a few ways to do this and want to reach out to see if I am going the best way about this. For the Change Category Emergency Change (only this one) we would like:

1. When submitter hits approved, it goes to their manager for approval (this is currently setup)

2. If their manager doesn't approve in 24 hours, the same approval task goes to their manager's manager

3. If not approved after 48 hours, it then goes to their manager's, manager's, manager (CIO)

Our LDAP configuration only has immediate supervisor, not sure if we can call that two additional times in the code. What I thought needed done is to create subsequent tasks and then auto-assign the task which will generate a notification. However, I don't know if that will work because to go to the next task it would have to be "Approved" when in fact it is moving to the next one for approval; and if it did get approved I would have to SKIP the following two.

Not sure the best approach. I have also looked at exceeded duration conditions, other time based macros, and work shift modifications; any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated.

Outcomes