Layer7 API Management

• 1.  MAS Messaging dependant on MAS Identity/Storage?

Posted Dec 12, 2017 11:37 AM

Question related to the CA API Gateway. Can MAS Messaging be installed and used independently from MAS Identity and/or MAS Storage or are they tied together?  I ask because MAG can be installed on Oracle while MAS Storage and Identity seem to require MySQL which isn't supported where I work.  I didn't see in the docs that MAS Messaging requires the other two, but after installing MAS Messaging only, I'm getting connection errors from Postman indicating "the client certificate is not valid" for a previously valid client_id.  So I suspect it has to do with not having MAS Identity/Storage.  Any experience with this out there?

• 2.  Re: MAS Messaging dependant on MAS Identity/Storage?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 26, 2018 03:00 AM

Hi there,

MAS Messaging has a dependency of MAS Identity for searching for users that you want to send a message. Note that MAS Identity uses Cassandra database but only for Adhoc group creation, so If you are using messaging feature only, you might be ok installing MAS Identity but not Cassandra database.

P.S. - MAS Storage is a stand alone that does not has direct dependency with any other module but MAG.