DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Probe package creation

Posted Dec 12, 2017 11:03 AM

What probe controls the creation of packages in the Archive? Recently our system has stopped allowing the dragging of probes into the archive so we can create packages for modifications. Usually when we drag a probe, or even a previous package to the Archive it allows us to rename and then it saves. But right now we get nothing when we drag a probe or package to the archive. Nothing happens, No rename popup, or error, or anything.

TIA

• 2.  Re: Probe package creation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2017 11:11 AM

Hello Patrick, are you using IM or Adminconsole ?

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

CA Support

• 3.  Re: Probe package creation
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2017 11:15 AM

hi,

IM uses distsrv and AC2 uses ADE.

Most clients when doing this are using IM so I would suggest setting distsrv to loglevel 5 and logsize  35000 and deactivate and activate then check logs when reproducing the issue.

remember that the archive is the connected to the distsrv of the hub IM is currently logged into.

Hope this helps

• 4.  Re: Probe package creation

Posted Dec 12, 2017 03:36 PM

Thanks Britta.

• 5.  Re: Probe package creation

Posted Dec 12, 2017 03:38 PM

Thanks everybody, I thought is was the distsrv, I was just making sure before bouncing.

• 6.  Re: Probe package creation

Posted Dec 12, 2017 03:39 PM

Gene,

Is there a document somewhere that gives a description in a little detail as to what each of the probes do and what other probes they interact with?

Thanks

Patrick

• 7.  Re: Probe package creation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 13, 2017 08:31 AM

this listing gives a description of each:

Alphabetical Probe Articles - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

the release notes will tell you for each probe if there is a dependency required.

• 8.  Re: Probe package creation

Posted Dec 13, 2017 10:00 AM

Thanks Gene. I have saved this link.