Layer7 API Management

• 1.  GMU migration failing from source to target gateway

Posted Dec 13, 2017 06:49 AM

Hi,

I am using below GMU commands to migrate the services from source gateway to target gateway.

GatewayMigrationUtility.bat migrateOut --argFile "D:/dev/connectgateway.properties" --excludeEncryptedSecrets --dest "D:/dev/service/v1/UserService.xml" --defaultAction NewOrUpdate --serviceName /service/v1/UserService

GatewayMigrationUtility.bat template --bundle "D:/dev/service/v1/UserService.xml" --template "D:/dev/service/v1/serviceTemplate/UserServiceTemplate.properties"

GatewayMigrationUtility.bat migrateIn --argFile "D:/dev/connectgateway.properties" --template "D:/dev/service/v1/serviceTemplate/UserServiceTemplate.properties" --bundle "D:/dev/service/v1/UserService.xml" --destFolder /service/v1/

However, i am getting below error

Execution failed. Reason: Migrate in failed: Conflict

<l7:Mapping action="NewOrExisting" errorType="TargetNotFound" srcId="00000000000000000000000000000002:hostname.domain.com" srcUri="https://ipaddress:9443/restman/1.0/privateKeys/00000000000000000000000000000002:hostname.domain.com" type="SSG_KEY_ENTRY">
    <l7:Properties>
    <l7:Property key="ErrorMessage">
    <l7:StringValue>Could not locate entity: Fail on new specified and could not locate existing target. Source Entity: EntityHeader. Name=null, id=00000000000000000000000000000002:hostname.domain.com, description=null, type = SSG_KEY_ENTRY</l7:StringValue>
    </l7:Property>
    <l7:Property key="FailOnNew">
    <l7:BooleanValue>true</l7:BooleanValue>
    </l7:Property>
    </l7:Properties>
    </l7:Mapping>

• 2.  Re: GMU migration failing from source to target gateway
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 13, 2017 10:24 AM

The error seems to come from you having 

New or existing, 

<l7:Mapping action="NewOrExisting"

And

<l7:Property key="FailOnNew">
    <l7:BooleanValue>true</l7:BooleanValue>

FailonNew true.

Does this key already exist on the target otherwise you might want to change the mapping or if you dont want the key you can use the managemappings command to set it to ignore.

Thanks..

• 3.  Re: GMU migration failing from source to target gateway

Posted Dec 13, 2017 01:12 PM

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the response. I will try out the managemappings  option to ignore SSG_KEY_ENTRY.

I have a follow-up question:

Do i have to add the default certificate of gateway to cacert on the machine GMU is running?

Will the GMU accept certificate which has alias name other than "ssl" to communicate with gateway?

• 4.  Re: GMU migration failing from source to target gateway

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2018 07:20 PM

Following up on your last two questions:

Do i have to add the default certificate of gateway to cacert on the machine GMU is running?

Response:  You don't have to as the command line option (-skipVerifyCertificate) can be used to ignore the certificate validation. 

Will the GMU accept certificate which has alias name other than "ssl" to communicate with gateway?

Response: Yes, the alias is just a reference that is created within the gateway and the ssl one is the self generated one created during initial installation.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Broadcom Support