QOS_swap_memory ---> swap_error = 85% and swap_warning = 60%

Dinamic alarm --->

baseline: enable

Critical: 85%

Major= 60%

TOT : 10 minutes

TW: 30 minutes

Clear alarm: 5 minutes

I see this alarm in UMP, but I don't know how it's interpreted. Because the umbral for dinamic alarm is 85%

This is the alarm:

QOS_MEMORY_SWAP_PERC = 24.91 on SERVER0001 has crossed the critical threshold of > baseline 85.0 (baseline = 11.44)

• 2.  Re: Interpretation of alarm TOT under CDM probe

Posted Dec 14, 2017 06:43 AM

Hi Miller!

TOT its not that simple to just give you a answer based on this alarm.

Please review:

https://wiki.ca.com/display/UIM83/The+Time+Over+Threshold+Event+Rule

More info:

Best Practices for Time Over Threshold
    Observe the following best practices when using Time Over Threshold:

Set the auto-clear window to a longer interval than the Time Over Threshold. Setting a smaller Auto-clear window results in an excessive number of alarms due to rapid Auto-clears.
    Set the Time Over Threshold to a longer interval than the sample period for the QoS metric. Setting a smaller Time Over Threshold produces the same results as leaving the Time Over Threshold rule disabled.
    Evaluate your monitored system and determine the appropriate values for both the sliding window and Time Over Threshold. Values that are too large for your system can result in the suppression of alarms you may need to be aware of.

##########################################
    Generates an alarm when a QoS metric is predicted to be within a user-defined timeframe of reaching a prediction value. The timeframe is comprised of two fields: a numeric Time Threshold and Time Units. The Prediction Value has the same implicit units as the QoS metric you are configuring.

Prediction value is the value that basically is configured in Qos, for example it does not make sense to set the Threshold in QoS 90% and in Prediction to 50%, that is, they should be close, if for example you want to work proactive , you can set the Prediction to 85% that Situations to Watch report will show in the report how many days you still have to reach 85% and you still have a 5% margin to take action before it is critical.

If you need more details, I would recommend you to open a CA Support Ticket for further assistance.