This document can also be viewed at https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1646713.html
To see more documents like this, check out our TDM knowledge base here CA Test Data Manager
When trying to connect to the TDM Portal, we are receiving the following error message:
HTTP Status 404 - /TestDataManager/ - the requested resource is not available - Apache Tomcat /8.X.XX
We have verified that the TDM Portal, Orient DB, and Tomcat services are running. We are able to connect to and access the repository database and Datamaker. The URL being used is correct with ports specifically for TDM Portal, and we are using a supported browser.
After enabling debugging using these instructions and looking at the logs, we are seeing the following error:
Login failed for user 'tester'. Reason: The account is disabled.
Is it possible to change that user and enter in a new password?
The account is disabled error means that the account the Portal was initially installed with has changed and is no longer available. You will need to change this user and password in the application.properties file.
For the 'account disabled' error message, please try the following:
1. Open the application.properties file in the C:\Program Files\CA\CA Test Data Manager Portal\conf folder.
2. Locate the Portal user. Update this to a user that is active/enabled.
3. Locate the password. Update this to the corresponding password.
- If encrypted from this https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-3/en/administrating/ca-tdm-portal-administration/tdm-portal-password-management#TDMPortalPasswordManagement-GenerateJWTSharedSecretforthePortal
- Encrypt new password using this https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-3/en/administrating/use-the-encryption-utility-to-encrypt-passwords
4. Restart the TDM Portal Service.
5. Login as new user. The connection should be available and successful.
If you are seeing the 404 requested resource not available error, but the above resolution does not apply to you, we suggest doing the following:
1. Enable debugging using these directions: https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1254734.html
- The 404 error can be caused by many different things, so it will be important to see what error is being reported in the log files.
2. Look at the log files for further error messages: https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-3/en/administrating/ca-tdm-portal-administration/ca-tdm-portal-troubleshooting#CATDMPortalTroubleshooting-FindLogFiles
3. Open a support case to troubleshoot further. You can do this by going to https://support.ca.com/us.html or calling one of these numbers http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html.