Clarity

• 1.  Update Attribute Based on Task Completion

Posted Dec 14, 2017 12:05 AM

I need to build a workflow to change the Project Stage attribute based on task completion.

I have built a template with key tasks for each stage. How do I build a process to set stage based on each key task completion?

• 2.  Re: Update Attribute Based on Task Completion

Posted Dec 14, 2017 01:52 AM

One of the possibilities is to have a process trigger each time a Task is updated, that checks:

1. Whether a Task is a Key Task or not

2. If it is a Key Task, then whether it is complete or not

3. If it is complete, then fetch the parent project Internal ID and do a XOG to change the Stage attribute.

• 3.  Re: Update Attribute Based on Task Completion

Posted May 29, 2018 04:07 PM

Hi!

I have a similar issue. I need to send a notification if a particular task named "Reunión con equipo" (we have this one in all our Gantts) has set a value >= 1 in "% completed" attribute.

I've created a Proccess which Primary Object is "Project" and I set the initial conditions:

any("task", task.prname == "Reunión con equipo", project.odf_pk, ctx ) &&
    any("task", task.prpctcomplete >= 1, project.odf_pk, ctx )

Then I changed set % completed >= 1 of the task in some Projects, but the proccess didn't start.

Can anyone help me?

• 4.  Re: Update Attribute Based on Task Completion

Posted May 29, 2018 10:45 PM

I tried start condition of:

any("task", task.prpctcomplete == 1, project.odf_pk, ctx ) &&   any("task", task.prname == "test", project.odf_pk, ctx )

Process fired off when I had a task name of 'test' and set to 100%.  But, I noticed that it also fired off when I set it back to 80%.  I haven't used sub-object checks before, but, my quess is that it is checking for ANY task with the required name, and ANY task with 100%.  In my case, I renamed the task to be 'test2' and the process didn't fire off again (and I made sure there wasn't any other tasks named 'test').  I renamed again from 'test2' to 'test', process kicked off again as there are other tasks on the project which are at 100%.

I can't explain why in your case the process didn't start but, my suggestion is that you may want to have the process at the Task level with your conditions.  The process will then update the parent project attribute.