DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Does Jaspersoft Studio allow the creation of "account-aware" reports?

• 1.  Does Jaspersoft Studio allow the creation of "account-aware" reports?

Posted Dec 14, 2017 08:55 PM

In the old Unified Reports, we had a query executor called "nimsoft" that would insert the current user's account ID into a query so you could have a single query that filters the result for just that account.  I don't see something similar for Jaspersoft Studio.  How can a service provider have a single report that correctly filters so that each customer just sees their own data?

• 2.  Re: Does Jaspersoft Studio allow the creation of "account-aware" reports?

Posted Dec 15, 2017 04:58 AM

Hello dick.cooman,

JSS (JasperSoft Studio)  can  use the server built in parameter userTenantId, witch is mapped to the user organization wich is the user account.

When cabi/cabi_external does the integration It creates the following organization structure:

--- UIM

------ ACCOUNT 1

------ ACCOUNT 2

That way you can use the user account as a parameter to perform the query.

About the default dashboard and reports that came with the probe they encapsulate the querys on an undocumented Jar  the uim_core_dashboard_utils.jar, that might encapsulate that too

Well I hevan't tested that yet, but i think that Will work

Regards.

• 3.  Re: Does Jaspersoft Studio allow the creation of "account-aware" reports?

Posted Dec 15, 2017 11:24 AM

Did you find an example of using this userTenantId?

• 4.  Re: Does Jaspersoft Studio allow the creation of "account-aware" reports?

Posted Dec 15, 2017 01:14 PM

Renato,

Does userTenantId work even if the report is located in the Public area and not under the specific organization's report area?

This would help me a lot if it does.  That way I can share reports over multiple organizations and each one will apply its own userTenantId.

Thanks for all your help.  I really appreciate it.

Luc - not yet.  But I will check for some examples before I begin coding.  Thanks.

-- Dick

• 5.  Re: Does Jaspersoft Studio allow the creation of "account-aware" reports?

Posted Dec 15, 2017 02:03 PM

Hello Dick,

These parameters work on Public folder, and the easiest way to use the is:

Right click on parameters and create parameter set, then chose the built in parameters, and use the userTenantId.

On the report query that parameter Works well, but on Input Controls I think It requer some customozation on the server to work.

About the example i Will try to create a simple report and post a tutorial my blog, 

Regards.

• 6.  Re: Does Jaspersoft Studio allow the creation of "account-aware" reports?

Posted Dec 18, 2017 10:48 AM

Renato,

I have exposed the built-in parameters but when I use them in the query, I get this error:

Report design not valid : 1. Parameter type not supported in query : LoggedInUserTenantId class com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.domain.User

Do I need to enable a class on the Jasperserver?

• 7.  Re: Does Jaspersoft Studio allow the creation of "account-aware" reports?

Posted Dec 18, 2017 03:55 PM
      |   view attached

Hello,

I'm hevan't made any customization on mine server, and it works. the cabi I'm using is the one that came with Spectrum, and I'm using the cabi_external probe.

And the attached file is a very simple example, the error that you show apears on JSS or on the server? if is on Studio try to set a default value since the Studio haven't any data about the user

Regards

Attachment(s)

zip
    Tenant.jrxml.zip   1 KB 1 version

• 8.  Re: Does Jaspersoft Studio allow the creation of "account-aware" reports?

Posted Dec 18, 2017 04:05 PM

Renato,

That may be the difference.  We are using the CABI that is specific to UIM.  I have a CA expert helping on Wednesday.

Best regards and thanks for your continued help,

Dick

• 9.  Re: Does Jaspersoft Studio allow the creation of "account-aware" reports?

Posted Dec 18, 2017 05:11 PM

You're welcome, and if you have time please share the solution with us
    Regards

• 10.  Re: Does Jaspersoft Studio allow the creation of "account-aware" reports?

Posted Dec 23, 2017 04:54 PM

Everyone,

I found the right combination and I have the account-aware reports working in the newest CABI.  It is different than the others in the community said and I understand it is because we are using the internal UIM CABI.

There are four steps to add multi-tenancy to a public report:

1)  Create a parameter called "LoggedInTenantAttribute_allowed_origins" in the report as a String.  Set the default value to "SELECT DISTINCT ORIGIN FROM S_QOS_DATA" so it will work if you are not in an Organization.

2) Add the parameter to the WHERE clause of the SELECT statement like this: "AND origin IN ($P!{LoggedInTenantAttribute_allowed_origins})"

3) In the report properties, add "com.ca.uim.cabi.common.ReportUtils" to the "Imports" section.  Set the report language to "Java".

4) Copy and paste the file "uim.core.dashboards_utils.jar" as a resource along side of the report source and any input controls.

This correctly filter the report to include only those origins the Organization can see. I have learned that the Spectrum version of CABI handles multi-tenancy differently.  This solution only works if you are using the internal UIM version.

Thanks to everyone who responded.  I hope this will help those who are working on the same problem.

• 11.  Re: Does Jaspersoft Studio allow the creation of "account-aware" reports?

Posted Jan 05, 2018 03:24 PM

People have asked where to find the uim.core.dashboards_utils.jar file.

In the repository, drill down to public/ca/UIM/report/common

In the folders below, check any report folder and you will find a copy of this jar file.