AnsweredAssumed Answered

Historic Metric Growth - Locating

Question asked by bwcole on Dec 15, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 8, 2018 by bwcole

Hi Community,

Does anyone have a couple of smartstor tool queries that might help track down the historic metric growth from a cross-enterprise agent?

It has been several years since I had to deal with an agent (Cross-Enterprise agent / Sysview) and that agent is being upgraded from 9.6 to 10.0.  During this, we are seeing the historic metric count grow by about 2,000 metrics per day, specifically between 10:30 pm and 12:00 am.  

In the past, I would just start expanding each of the metric groups under the agent looking for grayed out, but I am not seeing any.

My guess, is by the time I look, the metric has already reported gray for an hour and now is no longer being reported to the metric browser.

I would like to run a smartstor tool query to return the unique historic metric meta data and then another query for live metric meta data, do a compare to see what the differences are so I can attempt to have the cross-enterprise agent to stop generating the additional historic metrics that we are not able to use/alert on/display

Thank you,

Billy

Outcomes