Clarity

• 1.  15.2 Upgrade Issue: PPM_INVALID_USER.xml

Posted Dec 16, 2017 02:27 AM

When attempting an upgrade in an On Premise, Oracle 12 environment, I run into an error: PPM_INVALID_USER.xml file fails to execute.

When I attempt to run the XOG manually, I get an error message that you cannot create a duplicate resource.

The issue I see with the XOG is that the bad code has a " " space in the "externalId".  Has anyone else run into this issue?

Bad Code (Externalid is a space “ “)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_user.xsd">

<Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="user" version="7.0"/>

<Users>

<User externalId=" " userLanguage="English" userName="ppm_invalid_user" userStatus="LOCK" userType="INTERNAL">

<PersonalInformation emailAddress="ppm_invalid_user@mailserver.com" firstName="PPM" lastName="Invalid_User"/>

<Resource resourceId="ppm_invalid_user"/>

<Company/>

<Groups/>

<GlobalRights/>

<InstanceRights/>

<InstanceOBSRights/>

</User>

</Users>

</NikuDataBus>

Workaround (Creates optional resource to avoid issue)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_user.xsd">

<Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="user" version="7.0"/>

<Users>

<User externalId="ppm_invalid_user1" userLanguage="English" userName="ppm_invalid_user1" userStatus="LOCK" userType="INTERNAL">

<PersonalInformation emailAddress="ppm_invalid_user@mailserver1.com" firstName="PPM1" lastName="Invalid_User1"/>

<Resource resourceId="ppm_invalid_user1"/>

<Company/>

<Groups/>

<GlobalRights/>

<InstanceRights/>

<InstanceOBSRights/>

</User>

</Users>

</NikuDataBus>

• 2.  Re: 15.2 Upgrade Issue: PPM_INVALID_USER.xml

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 16, 2017 08:08 AM

This is not a valid workaround, we shouldn't change the resource details and xog another resource 

• 3.  Re: 15.2 Upgrade Issue: PPM_INVALID_USER.xml

Posted Dec 18, 2017 03:23 AM

Hi Suman,

The issue is that when I attempt to run this XOG without altering it, I get an error that I cannot insert a duplicate resource.  It appears that the externalId=" " (space) is the cause of this error in the Oracle environment.

What do you propose to get around the error?

Thanks,

Lowell

• 4.  Re: 15.2 Upgrade Issue: PPM_INVALID_USER.xml

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 18, 2017 03:30 AM

Hi Lowell,

The user ppm_invalid_user should be an internal user and not visible in PPM UI, there are couple of things which could be looked.

1. Does admin user has all the global rights permission?

2. Does admin user details has been changed in terms of resource id etc 

3. Could be an audit trigger issu

I see you logged a case and regional support team will have a look at it and update you.

Regards

Suman Pramanik