DX NetOps

• 1.  Testing Secondary SS Server

Posted Dec 18, 2017 06:07 AM

Good morning

We have a fault tolerance CA Spectrum set-up with two Spectro servers on version 10.2.1.0.98. They use one CA oneClick server for the WebGUI.

We have currently been testing a new alerting integration and the vendor has set this up for the secondary SS and wants us to test it. How do I generate a test alert on the secondary SS when the primary SS is in production and is the only landscape I can see on the OneClick view?

Help appreciated

Thank you

Paul Ja.

• 2.  Re: Testing Secondary SS Server
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 18, 2017 06:13 AM

Hi Paul,

Interesting, I could only think of breaking FT following the below link to accomplish the above  :

https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.tec529888.html

May be someone else has a better idea.

Best Regards,
    Hamza Sirajuddin

• 3.  Re: Testing Secondary SS Server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 18, 2017 08:04 AM
      |   view attached

Correct, you won’t be able to create any alarms on the secondary while the primary is active.  You would need to either break the fault tolerance, or stop the primary SpectroSERVER.

Cheers

Jay

• 4.  Re: Testing Secondary SS Server

Posted Dec 18, 2017 08:44 AM

Don't you think it would be preferable to create an event on the primary SS which doesn't generate any alarm to test if that works well? And then, if you want to generate an alarm, you can do it on a "fake" object that nobody would be able to see using Security Strings...

• 5.  Re: Testing Secondary SS Server

Posted Dec 19, 2017 09:22 AM

Thank you all for the replies.

I suspected that it maybe the answer, it the past we had a Distributed model and therefore two separate instances which made the testing task easy.

I'm a novice when it comes to generating an event that doesn't alarm on the primary SS. so any tips for attempting that would be appreciated.

Paul Ja.