Rally Software

• 1.  Why in the task "Insert mentions (@)" appears only for 'Anchor to side/ Quick view' but not for the 'Full View'?

Posted Dec 18, 2017 09:59 AM

Whenever working on any task and want the notification to be send out, it works only if we are using 'Anchor to side/ Quick view'?

• 2.  Re: Why in the task "Insert mentions (@)" appears only for 'Anchor to side/ Quick view' but not for the 'Full View'?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 19, 2017 02:43 AM

Hi Rudresh,

Currently the @mention is only available for Quick Detail Page (QDP). At this time it hasn't been developed for the full page Editable Detail Page (EDP). You can find more information about @mentions here Collaborate with Team Members | CA Agile Central Help . I'm very sorry for any trouble or confusion that this has caused. 

• 3.  Re: Why in the task "Insert mentions (@)" appears only for 'Anchor to side/ Quick view' but not for the 'Full View'?

Posted May 18, 2018 12:18 PM

I still have users almost every day asking me why they can't use @mention from an editable detail page.  Are there any plans to make this functionality available from EDPs?  We are heavily using the Discussion object, and when you're going into and out of QDPs, especially opening things like Discussions from QDPs, the UI seems to get confused, with QDPs continually reopening until I navigate out of the loop.  

What would really be great is to be able to @mention from a Discussion reply that you click into from a list or card view.  Am I really pushing it now? 

• 4.  Re: Why in the task "Insert mentions (@)" appears only for 'Anchor to side/ Quick view' but not for the 'Full View'?

Posted May 18, 2018 02:44 PM

I "ditto" this!!! 

Allow us to use @mentions from a Discussion reply from a list/card view... pretty please

• 5.  Re: Why in the task "Insert mentions (@)" appears only for 'Anchor to side/ Quick view' but not for the 'Full View'?

Posted May 18, 2018 06:26 PM

I hear ya I hear ya - I often forget that it's not in EDP as well, and hey I work here! 

I can say that the reason we're not looking to add it to EDP is because we're working on moving forward with the technology behind QDP, and looking to replace EDP with full-page QDP technology. 

What we are working diligently on is making QDP a more enjoyable option for all users that can finally replace EDP, which means that we're adding features and functionality there. I also hear you terry.ginzburg about the kind of interesting loops you can get into with QDP. That's something we're thinking about and looking to address as well as the full-page functionality that people want. 

I know that's probably not what you're hoping for, but that's what we're trying to do. Hopefully one day we'll even be able to just type our @mention!

• 6.  Re: Why in the task "Insert mentions (@)" appears only for 'Anchor to side/ Quick view' but not for the 'Full View'?

Posted May 21, 2018 09:20 AM

JohnStreeter this sounds intriguing! I'm glad to hear that you're still planning to have a full screen option, even if it isn't the current EDP.  What we'd really love is the ability to change the page layout, moving custom fields into places where they make sense, hiding fields we don't use, etc. And, of course, inline @mention! Now that would be amazing.