DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Hello I have had the same issue with Team Center NO Data and tried all the advise given on that to no avail. It is simply not populating. I have standalone 10.5.2 version and my team center Map is empty. Please help

• 1.  Hello I have had the same issue with Team Center NO Data and tried all the advise given on that to no avail. It is simply not populating. I have standalone 10.5.2 version and my team center Map is empty. Please help

Posted Dec 18, 2017 09:46 AM
    • Hello I have installed and configured CA APM 10.5.2 as standalone for my specific WebMethods application. Everything is running fine except there is no data in my Team Center. I have tried all the suggested recommendation on a similar issue but to no avail.

1 - Stop the webview follow by EM

2 - Go to the \product\webview\configuration directory

3 - Go to the \product\enterprisemanager\configuration directory Delete all directories only : ( do NOT delete the config.ini )

4 - Go to the \work directory and delete its contents.

5 - Clear the appropriate browser cache.

6 - Start EM, follow by webview

The last thing I have seen in the WebView logs both of them is this WARN:

[WARN] [WebView] Failure due to validate XSRF token This is the error I am seeing in WebView logs (IntroscopeWebView.log and IntroscopeWebViewConsole.log)

• 2.  Re: Hello I have had the same issue with Team Center NO Data and tried all the advise given on that to no avail. It is simply not populating. I have standalone 10.5.2 version and my team center Map is empty. Please help

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 18, 2017 10:40 AM

Hi Daniel,

Can you verify if you have Frontends actively coming through in the Investigator?  That would be the first thing to check.  I also see that you have opened an issue with us.  Please post here what the resolution is so that other Admins can learn from this as well.

Regards,
    Matt

• 3.  Re: Hello I have had the same issue with Team Center NO Data and tried all the advise given on that to no avail. It is simply not populating. I have standalone 10.5.2 version and my team center Map is empty. Please help

Posted Dec 18, 2017 10:47 AM
      |   view attached

Everything in the investigator is perfect ( frontend & backend).

The only issue is with the team center not populating.

Thanks,

Daniel Addo

Infrastructure Engineer | IT Tools Team

•:704.758.3085| •: daniel.addo@lowes.com<mailto:daniel.addo@lowes.com> | CSC-M NC5052G

<http://www.lowes.com/>

• 4.  Re: Hello I have had the same issue with Team Center NO Data and tried all the advise given on that to no avail. It is simply not populating. I have standalone 10.5.2 version and my team center Map is empty. Please help

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 18, 2017 04:18 PM

Team Center is populated via Transaction Trace data so if automatic Transaction Tracing is running it should be showing data. If you run a manual Transaction Trace session and confirm TT data  visibility in WebView does Team Center then show any data?. Otherwise root cause may be related to some config problem or something fixed in a later 10.5.2 HotFix which should all come out via your support case..

• 5.  Re: Hello I have had the same issue with Team Center NO Data and tried all the advise given on that to no avail. It is simply not populating. I have standalone 10.5.2 version and my team center Map is empty. Please help
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 19, 2017 11:51 AM

Well it turns out the reason I was not getting any data populated into team center was because all my WebMethod applications did not have frontend so could not populate that to team center. My question is why is this just limited to applications with frontend? It does have webservices but it would not populate since it does not have all the trappings of frontend. It sucks ....

Daniel Addo

• 6.  Re: Hello I have had the same issue with Team Center NO Data and tried all the advise given on that to no avail. It is simply not populating. I have standalone 10.5.2 version and my team center Map is empty. Please help

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 19, 2017 02:55 PM

Marked as answered as the original question was answered.  Will see if I can get some answers as to why frontends only.

• 7.  Re: Hello I have had the same issue with Team Center NO Data and tried all the advise given on that to no avail. It is simply not populating. I have standalone 10.5.2 version and my team center Map is empty. Please help

Posted Dec 19, 2017 02:55 PM

There is also a file in the config directory (teamcenter-status-mapping.properties ) where you can add entry mapping to the agents that you have. I am yet to find out how that works. If anyone has ever used that please let me know how to use it.

Thanks,

Daniel Addo

• 8.  Re: Hello I have had the same issue with Team Center NO Data and tried all the advise given on that to no avail. It is simply not populating. I have standalone 10.5.2 version and my team center Map is empty. Please help

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 19, 2017 03:12 PM

• 9.  Re: Hello I have had the same issue with Team Center NO Data and tried all the advise given on that to no avail. It is simply not populating. I have standalone 10.5.2 version and my team center Map is empty. Please help

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2017 01:43 PM

So I found out that the basic idea is that every request that comes into a system has an entry point (Frontend) and 0-n exit points (Backends) and some stuff in the middle.  For some of our extensions, especially for middleware we are not showing the entry points in the same way (ie as Frontends) as we are showing for application servers.  This is the reason that only apps with Frontends will show up in TeamCenter.

I am not aware of any future plans to include non-Frontend apps to show up in Team Center.  Though you are more than welcome to create an Idea on it.