CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

How to configure service offerings to allow multiple service requests of same type through single request?

• 1.  How to configure service offerings to allow multiple service requests of same type through single request?

Posted Dec 18, 2017 10:50 PM

I need to submit multiple service catalog request of same service with different options. Is there any way to implement this feature in service catalog to allow multiple requests of same type using one catalog request.?

I have tried by enabling "shopping cart" option for user request method in service offerings but its allowing me to select multiple services but not of same type.

I'm getting below error if I try to select same service from catalog after adding the first service to cart.

"Only one service can be requested at a time. Please check the cart/request."

Please advice.

• 2.  Re: How to configure service offerings to allow multiple service requests of same type through single request?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 19, 2017 01:47 AM

Good Morning Vikram.

When you get: "Only one service can be requested at a time. Please check the cart/request."
    You could check and (re)set the option: "Selection Type" into "Can Select Many Times".

Kind regards, Louis.

• 3.  Re: How to configure service offerings to allow multiple service requests of same type through single request?

Posted Dec 19, 2017 03:05 AM

Hey Louis,

Thanks for reply - yes, "Can Select Many Times" option already selected. I think this option allows users to submit multiple requests per account/sing in. 

Any advices pls.

• 4.  Re: How to configure service offerings to allow multiple service requests of same type through single request?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 20, 2017 11:20 AM

Hi Vikram,

Can you ensure Catalog > Configuration > Request Management Configuration > Allow Only One Service Per Request is set to 'No'?

Thanks,

Jason

• 5.  Re: How to configure service offerings to allow multiple service requests of same type through single request?

Posted Jan 08, 2018 06:13 AM

thanks for the inputs.

• 6.  Re: How to configure service offerings to allow multiple service requests of same type through single request?

Posted Jan 08, 2018 10:12 AM

You are most welcome, please let us know if you were able to get this going!

• 7.  Re: How to configure service offerings to allow multiple service requests of same type through single request?

Posted Jan 23, 2018 10:41 PM

Yes - its working now. Thank you.

• 8.  Re: How to configure service offerings to allow multiple service requests of same type through single request?

Posted Feb 24, 2018 08:27 AM

Are there any performance issue using large number of service request ( around 50)  in single ITPAM request.

I don't see any copy option to reuse the entries, most of the cases users going to change one or two fields in the catalog request and add-up to the bulk cart and submit. Any thoughts.