Clarity

• 1.  PPM: Jaspersoft subreport not publishing with report

Posted Dec 19, 2017 11:34 AM

I created a Jaspersoft report with a subreport element in it. When i publish the report, the subreport goes away... how do I get it to stay on the report?

• 2.  Re: PPM: Jaspersoft subreport not publishing with report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2017 02:15 AM

You can still go ahead and edit the report from Jaspersoft and include that from UI. Which Jaspersoft studio you are using. I have seen these issues in 6.1 but not in 6.2.1

• 3.  Re: PPM: Jaspersoft subreport not publishing with report

Posted Dec 21, 2017 01:57 AM

Hi BrandyGarner ,

Please check while publishing reports you are passing correct sub-report context reference path, also check if you are able to see sub-reports in server as per the path you have provided.

Besides this i will also suggest to check if sub-report expression won’t have .jasper as extension instead of .jrxml

Regards,

Prashank Singh

• 4.  Re: PPM: Jaspersoft subreport not publishing with report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 22, 2017 04:33 PM

Hi Brandy,

I would double check our out of the box report "Project Storyboard"  - this is an example of a report using a sub-report. We also document the how to create and publish reports with sub-reports in our documentation:

Create and Publish Jaspersoft Studio Reports - CA PPM - 15.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards,

Kevin D.

• 5.  Re: PPM: Jaspersoft subreport not publishing with report

Posted Dec 23, 2017 03:48 AM

Don't use the wizard in jasperstudio for publishing your resources.  There are known issues with this.

Instead create and upload each resource one by one.  The make sure your reference to the sub report is defined correctly.