Clarity

• 1.  My Timesheet Portlet - can you link this to the new user experience timesheets in 15.3?

Posted Dec 19, 2017 10:03 AM
      |   view attached

We are running version 15.3 on our development environment and I have a question with regards to the new time sheets.....

I would like to know if it is possible to link the "my timesheets" portlet to the new user experience time sheets?

I ask this because when you activate the new user experience to use with the new time sheets I am finding without going into the new UI there isn't any sort of prompt anymore for complete a time sheet. I found the "my timesheets" portlet to be very handy in reminding staff to complete time sheets on the home page of the classic UI.

Is there any of way to prompt staff other than having to go into the new UI to complete a time sheet?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: My Timesheet Portlet - can you link this to the new user experience timesheets in 15.3?

Posted Dec 19, 2017 01:40 PM

https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/241789435-1-180666/timesheet%20portlet.JPG

• 3.  Re: My Timesheet Portlet - can you link this to the new user experience timesheets in 15.3?

Posted Dec 19, 2017 01:48 PM

I do not see any similar functionality in the new UX if the New Timesheets are also activated.

My TImesheets is still in the Classic UI even if timesheets are not there, but then the users would need to access both UI's which is impractical if they otherwise need only the new UX.

• 4.  Re: My Timesheet Portlet - can you link this to the new user experience timesheets in 15.3?

Posted Apr 08, 2018 09:07 PM

Really pleased to hear you like that portlet (I can claim to have designed it :-) but as at April 2018 I see no way of utilizing a "user defined"* portlet in the new UI. That new UI is very much "what you see is what you get" so far.

* "My Timesheets" is part of the PMO Accelerator

• 5.  Re: My Timesheet Portlet - can you link this to the new user experience timesheets in 15.3?

Posted May 31, 2018 07:34 PM

When we first tested 15.3, that was one of my questions to CA-- that if we leave that portlet, then users are directed to the Classic, thus both new and classic can be used in the same instance, Though I think this was a design oversight  they did tell me that you should be able to change the hyperlink in the portlet. I never got around to testing that, but will be in the near future on 15.4

also , if anyone has their homepage set to timesheets, then if you activate the new timesheet ux, they too will go to the classic. CA told us that we would have to reset all users, if we did not want them accessing the classic at all. 

note- in my testing, I was able to break timesheets (get errors) by using both classic and new.. just an FYI

• 6.  Re: My Timesheet Portlet - can you link this to the new user experience timesheets in 15.3?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2019 03:22 AM

Hi all,

Has there been any progress in linking my time sheets portlet to new UX. we are on version 15.5.1 with the same functionality (my timesheets portlet->classic UI)

• 7.  RE: My Timesheet Portlet - can you link this to the new user experience timesheets in 15.3?

Posted Jun 07, 2019 12:25 PM
    Hi, there!
    You cant create a Channel on the new ux, on the blueprint, and add the page with the portlet. its a workarround!

------------------------------
    Consultant
    SAM
    Argentina
    ------------------------------

• 8.  RE: My Timesheet Portlet - can you link this to the new user experience timesheets in 15.3?

Posted Jun 07, 2019 01:04 PM
    That is in !5.5.1 the channels are at project level. So you would need a project for these type of links.
    If I recall correctly in 15.7. menu level channels are planned. That would mean a main menu item which opens nonproject related channels.

• 9.  RE: My Timesheet Portlet - can you link this to the new user experience timesheets in 15.3?

Posted Jun 11, 2019 08:10 PM
    I suspect that displaying "My Timesheets" through a menu channel will be far less effective than making it visible on the home page.

The design concept of that portlet was to make overdue timesheets highly visible and navigation to those timesheets super simple.

If users have to navigate to a page holding My Timesheets - than the high visibility is lost and hence far less effective.

IMHO the new UX designers should make something like My Timesheets available as a native part of the product. 
    Anyone using any timesheet system will know that chasing overdue timesheets is a common and constant pain point.