Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Reinstall of manager UI

Posted Dec 19, 2017 02:08 PM

So newbie to CA Directory...

We were starting to look at CA Directory and kind of kick the tires.  We had 2 test data DSA's and 2 routers configured on 2 Linux servers.  The person doing this created the Manager UI on a windows desktop.  That person left and the Manager UI with him.  My question is, I would like to install the Manager UI on one of the Linux boxes (which I've done) and get it to figure out that the DSA's are already out there and be able to manage them.  The UI is up and I can login to the Admin account.  But from here not sure how to get it to see the existing DSA's.  Most links look like they want to create new.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: Reinstall of manager UI
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 19, 2017 03:41 PM

Hi!

After you install the UI, the first time to add a host, the system will update to include any configured DSA's on that system. After that, you will need to use the UI to make updates if you want to keep the host and the UI in sync. Subsequent changes to the file configuration after the initial add, will not reflect back in the UI. We have an enhancement request to support bi-directional sync of config and it's currently still under review in our backlog. 

thanks,

Rob

Directory Product Manager

• 3.  Re: Reinstall of manager UI

Posted Dec 19, 2017 03:44 PM

Thanks Rob.  That worked perfectly.