CA Service Management

• 1.  Error message in SPEL API method "insert_object": "Common name XXXX is not a simple attribute".

Posted Dec 20, 2017 03:23 PM

Hi folks!

We are using the following SPEL code to record in a custom Table.

send_wait(0, top_object(), "call_attr", "api", "insert_object", (uuid)NULL, "zCR_Lifecycle", NULL, 0, "call_req", zCR_Persid, "sequence", 1000, "delete_flag", 0, "type", "CL", "call_req_type", zCR_type);

The code works fine and it registers the correctly information, but we are receiving this message in stdlogs files:

domsrvr 4212 ERROR factory.c 1972 Common name call_req is not a simple attribute

The "call_req" attribute is a column in custom table "zCR_Lifecycle" and indeed represents its "common name".

In the beggining we believed that the column name could be the cause, but we have already changed it but the error remains.

Despite the error message, the code runs fine, but we would like to check it.

Thanks!

Mario.M.GomesEricoDellaVallePrezzi76043714

• 2.  Re: Error message in SPEL API method "insert_object": "Common name XXXX is not a simple attribute".

Posted Dec 21, 2017 01:57 AM

I think you should change call_req  attribute name for example to call_req_id. Error indicates that call_req is common name, most probably reserved for some internal purposes.

• 3.  Re: Error message in SPEL API method "insert_object": "Common name XXXX is not a simple attribute".

Posted Dec 21, 2017 07:33 AM

Hello Gutis. We have already renamed the attribute, which is SREL for the Call_Req table, but the problem remains.

• 4.  Re: Error message in SPEL API method "insert_object": "Common name XXXX is not a simple attribute".
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 21, 2017 03:15 AM

This is mostly due to the fact that this attributes  is (I suppose in your case) an SRELto the call req table vs. a simple attributes like a string or integer.

I don't know the structure of your common table but  using another direct attribute of your table vs. SREL/BREL may fix you problem Just use the ID  for common name for testing

my 2 cents

/J

• 5.  Re: Error message in SPEL API method "insert_object": "Common name XXXX is not a simple attribute".

Posted Dec 21, 2017 01:39 PM

Hi Jerome,

These 2 cents were very valuable. I changed the COMMON_NAME in the custom table then the code works very well.

Indeed, if you want to use this API, an SREL attribute cannot be a Common name.

Thank you !

• 6.  Re: Error message in SPEL API method "insert_object": "Common name XXXX is not a simple attribute".

Posted Dec 21, 2017 11:49 PM

You can avoid this sort of clash by sticking with the convention of prefixing new column names with a 'z' - apart from the standard ones like sym and description.