Service Virtualization

• 1.  DevTest 10.1 Remote VSE Configuration

Posted Dec 21, 2017 09:13 AM

Happy holidays, everyone.

Running into issue with 10.1 (new install) where VSE quits soon after start.

It is a remote VSE running alone.

log shows it is failing to connect to database. Is this new in 10.x? I found no papers on remote VSE... just remote Enterprise dashboard. help?

Anyone run into this before? I have not open a case.

2017-12-21 02:56:56,353Z (21:56) [JPA reporting init reporting thread] ERROR com.itko.lisa.vse.metrics.VSEMetrics - Cannot start virtual service environment.
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Connection to the registry database cannot be established. Please make sure the database is running and the credential used to connect to database is valid.
    at com.itko.lisa.utils.JpaUtil$2.run(JpaUtil.java:1678)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.3.2.v20111125-r10461): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
    Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!
    Error Code: 0
    at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.deploy(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:517)

• 2.  Re: DevTest 10.1 Remote VSE Configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 21, 2017 09:18 AM

Jacques,

All DevTest components must also have access to the database the Registry connects to.

From your VSE machine, do a telnet to the machine and port of where the database is running.  This could be a firewall issue.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Marcy

• 3.  Re: DevTest 10.1 Remote VSE Configuration

Posted Dec 21, 2017 09:24 AM

Hello, Marcy

Happy holidays to you!

Confirmed the VSE server can access the DB.

In this case Does it need its own site.properties/dradis.properties?

Do we have a help doc for this?

I did not open a case because I figured the answer is out there :-)

• 4.  Re: DevTest 10.1 Remote VSE Configuration
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 21, 2017 09:28 AM

No, it just needs to make sure it has the lisa.registry.url property in the local.properties file of where the remote VSE is running that points to where the Registry is running, and assuming the VSE machine can telnet to the Registry machine as well.

If this does not work, please open a new case and we can jump on a webex.

• 5.  Re: DevTest 10.1 Remote VSE Configuration

Posted Dec 21, 2017 09:31 AM

Sure, Marcy

I am going to check. I might have put the reference in the wrong props file.

Thanks very much!!

• 6.  Re: DevTest 10.1 Remote VSE Configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 21, 2017 12:32 PM

What is the database you are connecting to?

• 7.  Re: DevTest 10.1 Remote VSE Configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 21, 2017 12:40 PM

You are connecting to MySQL, so you will need to copy the JDBC MySQL connector to your remote VSE.  This is the only JDBC driver we do not deliver with DevTest.  It goes in the DEVTEST_HOME/lib/shared folder.

• 8.  Re: DevTest 10.1 Remote VSE Configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 21, 2017 02:14 PM

The problem was corrected by updating the host file on the VSE machine.