Plex 2E

• 1.  "Parameter is incorrect" in System i Remote Job Status dialog box

Posted Dec 21, 2017 08:58 PM

Hello,

When our customer try to open Plex's System i Remote Job Status dialog box, the message "Parameter is incorrect" is output and it is not possible to open the Remote Job Status dialog box.
    (They are building applications with the combination of C++ - RPG III in Plex r7.2.1 Build 24.002.)

They can not check the build status in the Remote Job Status dialog box, but it seems that they can build the function by checking the compile list on the IBM i machine.

We thought that the CCSID of their IBM i machine was a problem and we asked them to confirm the QCCSID value etc. of that machine.
    Below are the CCSID values for their environment.

1. QCCSID : 5026

2. "Coded character set identification code" of Plex dispatcher program : 5026

3. "Default coded character set identification code" of Plex dispatcher program : 5026

4. Coded character set identification code of the user profile specified in "TCP / IP conversation" in "Generation and construction options" [System i configuration] : *SYSVAL

Based on the above information, we changed the CCSID of the physical file YKTJOBLRFP in the product library "PLEX721J" to "5026", and erased the data registered in the physical file just in case. However, the problem was not solved.

Of course, PLEX of the library PLEX721J is specified as the job description specified in the command used to start the dispatcher, and there is "PLEX721J" in the library list of the job description specified in "System i configuration / construction".

What else should we ask them to confirm?
    Please tell us who knows how to solve this problem.

Regards,
    Hifumi

• 2.  Re: "Parameter is incorrect" in System i Remote Job Status dialog box

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2018 11:55 PM

Hi Hifumi,
    When YKTJOBLRFP field "Object name" contains a character other than English (eg Japanese character) It is effective to change the CCSID of YKTJOBLRFP if the character becomes garbage due to CCSID problem.

If it still can not be resolved, check the field 'User' in YKTJOBLRFP.
    This problem appears if the length of the user profile is 10 bytes.
    Please try with user profile of 9 bytes or less.

Regards,
    Toshikazu

• 3.  Re: "Parameter is incorrect" in System i Remote Job Status dialog box

Posted Jan 17, 2018 07:44 PM

Hi Toshikazu,

Thank you for useful information.

Checking the user field of YKTJOBLRFP was 10 bytes. This problem did not occur if we used a user with 9 bytes or less.
    We will ask the CA to fix it, but for now we will use users of 9 bytes or less.

Regards,
    Hifumi