Rally Software

• 1.  what is the difference between  (xtype : "rallygrid") and  (xtype : "rallygridboard") ?

Posted Dec 27, 2017 05:04 AM

what is the difference between  (xtype : "rallygrid") and  (xtype : "rallygridboard") ?

problem is that when i use xtype : "rallygrid" my data is display on UI but while using xtype : "rallygridboard" evry thing goes fine but no data is on UI.

Also i am not able to see, if i define anything which is forcing to use xtype : "rallygrid".

My requirement is to use CSV export. which can achieve in xtype : "rallygridboard".

Can we get data of xtype : "rallygrid" on xtype : "rallygridboard" ?

• 2.  Re: what is the difference between  (xtype : "rallygrid") and  (xtype : "rallygridboard") ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 28, 2017 09:06 AM

Hi Sudd,

There's some great documentation on the Rally App SDK which you can find at https://help.rallydev.com/apps/2.1/doc/#!/example/exportable-grid-board. That example in particular shows how to use the export features of the GridBoard. As for the difference, the Grid is just a way to show tabular data, while the GridBoard can be either a grid or a board with the addition of plugins, like exporting. For your problem, I'd first start by checking the data store you're using to make sure it's compatible with the Grid Board and your usage is similar to one of the examples. You could even start with the example above, to ensure it works, then tweak it to your needs to make sure each tweak doesn't break it along the way.

There's also a StackOverflow group for developers if you'd like to ask any follow-ups there, or post them here and I'm happy to try to figure out what's going on. The StackOverflow group is at Newest 'rally' Questions - Stack Overflow  

-William