Posted Dec 27, 2017 03:10 PM

How I can do a record session from a web application with embedded code

thanks

• 2.  Re: CEM - Recording session - Embebed code
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 29, 2017 05:34 AM

Here is a general reference on recording that may help:

Recording a business transaction - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Does your embedded code trigger network traffic between client and server? If not, it might be best to try using an agent instead,  to monitor code execution. 

• 3.  Re: CEM - Recording session - Embebed code

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 31, 2017 11:14 AM

Dear Fernando:

Was Tom's answer helpful? If not can you provided more details on the application and an example of the embedded code? This is one of these things that seeing the specific setup may be helpful.

Thanks

Hal German

• 4.  Re: CEM - Recording session - Embebed code

Posted Jan 03, 2018 10:22 AM

Hello Hallett,

Context:

bank online site html page, within this is invoke:

<div align="left">
    <form method="post" name="ActionOWP" action="https://plataformainversiones.bancobanco.cl/workplace.internet/VerifyToken.aspx" target="frameOWP">
    <input name="TokenID" value="ENC(MBcyVyfscrFhv/BR7Kb6KeOa3modHhQQqTeuklXge4ax5OUO9x5QSGrI6rgiANDY)" type="hidden">
    <input name="CustLoginID" value="#########" type="hidden">
    <input name="MID" value="########" type="hidden">
    <input name="PID" value="###" type="hidden">
    <input name="AID" value="########" type="hidden">
    </form>
    <iframe name="frameOWP" src="" scrolling="auto" width="900" height="920" frameborder="0">
    Su navegador no soporta iframes
    </iframe>
    </div>

Thist is other site and result are displaying within iframe of principal site https://persons.bancobanco.cl/...

• 5.  Re: CEM - Recording session - Embedded code

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2018 01:16 PM

Thanks Fernando:

I believe on the face of it, I think it should work. Would have try a recording session and see what makes it to the TIM logs.hikodavis  Guenter_Grossberger  JMertin

what do you think?

And for the greater APM Community, please share your insights on this use case.Thanks!

Thanks

Hal German

• 6.  Re: CEM - Recording session - Embedded code

Posted Jan 03, 2018 02:17 PM

Thanks Hallett,

I dont known if this is resolved implementing a cem plugin. For now, I will review the tim logs, and comment more late. thanks

• 7.  Re: CEM - Recording session - Embedded code

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 08, 2018 05:42 AM

It should work - however make sure you record it "atomic". Each URL request would be one transaction.

Transaction discovery should make it a smooth experience.

This will however only work, if the request is seen on the CEM infrastructure! if the URL points to an external site (and does not pass via the SPAN/TAP device), it won't be seen.

• 8.  Re: CEM - Recording session - Embedded code

Posted Jan 10, 2018 10:54 AM

Hello Joerg,

Thanks. I known that us havethe traffic from second server farm on the TIM ( tcpdump cature) but, we continue view only the actions over principal site and nothing from de second site. Both site are in the same domain.
    We can view and capture the URL fron second site but nothing else.

• 9.  Re: CEM - Recording session - Embedded code

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2018 11:11 AM

If you see the traffic from one site and not from the other one, then the TIM is not receiving the traffic.

Make sure you can see the traffic from site-2 on the TIM. Take a packet capture and verify the Ip Addresses etc. belong to site 2.

• 10.  Re: CEM - Recording session - Embedded code

Posted Jan 10, 2018 12:44 PM

By create manually Transaction, we can capture theses URL from CEM, but not from recording session

• 11.  Re: CEM - Recording session - Embedded code

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2018 12:47 PM

Looking at it from a browser doesn't help in this situation. You need to determine why you're not capturing at the interface using tcpdump.

• 12.  Re: CEM - Recording session - Embedded code

Posted Jan 10, 2018 01:02 PM

Hello Haruhiko,

from our TIM server, we can see traffic from one de los app server (ip ... 81.68)
    Web filters and Https Settings are defined.

• 13.  Re: CEM - Recording session - Embedded code

Posted Jan 10, 2018 01:18 PM

ip 172.16.81.68 is one of the application servers for site-2

thanks.

• 14.  Re: CEM - Recording session - Embedded code

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2018 03:32 AM

If you ask me, it looks like the traffic hitting the TIM on the monitoring port is quite broken.

But anyway - did you check that the IP Address you have configured while uploading the private key for the server you want to Monitor is the correct one? From your screenshot, it has to be 172.16.81.68.

Also,

1. Do you have the right key uploaded to the TIM? (modulus check method).
    2. Are the ciphers your server and browser have negotiated compatible for the TIM? (decryptable?). 

I had written some CA Wikis on the topic. Let me know if you can access it: https://cawiki.ca.com/display/SASWAT/TIM+and+SSL+Decryption 

if not, I'll send you a pdf export.

• 15.  Re: CEM - Recording session - Embedded code

Posted Jan 18, 2018 10:36 AM

Hello Joerg,

Thanks for your response, here in our customer the traffic is a lot and very dispersed.

I will verifyed, but both response should be yes.
    By other side, i dont have acceso to cawiki, your link is redirect to MFA Login
    I appreciate that you can send us document in PDF format

Now we have a webex session with Carlos Radice to view this.