Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Can we Deactivate System Restricted Lookup Value

• 1.  Can we Deactivate System Restricted Lookup Value

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 27, 2017 02:19 AM

Hi,

With the new 15.3 clarity version, we can now run Jasper Reports from Reports and Jobs Link which is working fine. The new Layout which appears on clicking the report has a field(Lookup) 'Format' with 3 values 'PDF', "PPTX' and 'XLSX'. My report supports only PDF and PPTX and I want to disable XLSX export. On Checking I found that the values are coming from the 'Report Output Types/REPORT_OUTPUT_TYPES system restricted lookup so, I went ahead and deactivated the XLSX value which doesn't worked. I can still see the XLSX value when I run the report. Could you please let me know how can this be achieved?

Thanks in Advance!!

• 2.  Re: Can we Deactivate System Restricted Lookup Value

Posted Dec 27, 2017 02:41 AM

'cause this is a system restricted lookup, I don't think you can achieve what you are looking for from UI side

NJ

• 3.  Re: Can we Deactivate System Restricted Lookup Value

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 27, 2017 03:04 AM

Don't think this is possible but let me check and get back to you

• 4.  Re: Can we Deactivate System Restricted Lookup Value

Posted Dec 30, 2017 01:51 PM

If you have deactivated the value in the value properties and it is listed as not active in the list of values and still showing then next try restart the services and clear browser cache.

• 5.  Re: Can we Deactivate System Restricted Lookup Value

Posted Jan 01, 2018 10:43 PM

The Lookup 'Report Output Types' technically has 4 values, ALL, PDF, PPTX and XLSX, all 4 are enabled.  Given that the 'ALL' does not show up from the Report Properties (even though it is enabled), you don't have the correct look-up, or this 'non-object' screen (aka Run Report) has its own logic on what to display to the users for the attribute 'Format'.

There are sections of Clarity we can't change, you may have hit one of them.

• 6.  Re: Can we Deactivate System Restricted Lookup Value

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 02, 2018 02:00 AM

Thanks all for your replies, Roland, I changed the lookup name to confirm if its the correct one, and it reflected in the Reports and Jobs page with the updated value.

Ya I think its one of the restricted component, we will go with other possible options.

Thanks All Again!!

• 7.  Re: Can we Deactivate System Restricted Lookup Value
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 02, 2018 09:13 AM

This is a defect where it allows to update the System restricted but ideally it should not based on documentation

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 8.  Re: Can we Deactivate System Restricted Lookup Value

Posted Jan 02, 2018 02:03 PM

Just wondering again...

What short of a defect is that? This question relates to 15.3 where I took my screenshot.

However, just for the kicks of it I tried it in 15.2 with the only system restricted static list.

Guess what?

15.behaves the same regarding deactivating the values. (No All value though).

How has it been there and is there a plan for fixing the defect?

• 9.  Re: Can we Deactivate System Restricted Lookup Value

Posted Jan 02, 2018 02:24 PM

v13.3 seems to work the same.

Am I missing something?

• 10.  Re: Can we Deactivate System Restricted Lookup Value

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 02, 2018 11:17 PM

Hi Martii,

You are correct it been there in the system for long time, however if a look up is system restricted it should ideally not be modified and for few look ups we can see Active check box and thats what is a bug and we plan not to allow any modification to system restricted. 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 11.  Re: Can we Deactivate System Restricted Lookup Value

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2019 06:11 PM

the column on the right dictates the ability to activate/deactivate the individual lookup values.  If a lookup is a system lookup and we don't want users to deactivate the values we would set the 'System Type' = system.  When they are set to user-defined you are allowed to deactivate them.  SumanPramanik may know more about this specific lookup in question and perhaps it is coded incorrectly and we should prevent users from deactivating the values.

• 12.  Re: Can we Deactivate System Restricted Lookup Value

Posted May 06, 2019 11:03 PM

Hi Team,

Can we change the values of system restricted lookup type values.

I want to deactivate the all the values except two. Can we do it using XOG or any alternates. Please suggest.

• 13.  Re: Can we Deactivate System Restricted Lookup Value

Posted May 13, 2019 04:08 PM

The bug is fixed at least in 15.6 and you cannot make a value of a system restricted lookup inactive in the GUI any more.

The next supported way would be to XOG in the status.

Even if you use the correct value

attribute "status" has a bad value: the value is not a member of the enumeration: ("inactive"/"active")

the status does not change in the GUI

For 15.6 the answer is no.