CA Service Management

• 1.  Change SDM Email From Address Tenant

Posted Dec 27, 2017 11:25 AM

It is possible to create a custom notification method that allows a different from address in notifications that can be used in a tenanted environment.

I need diferent senders for my notifications according to the tenant of user.

• 2.  Re: Change SDM Email From Address Tenant

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 28, 2017 11:54 AM

Paulo, I don't think you can configure. What you could do is to customize the email method so that the custom script

check the tenant and use different "from" email address base on the tenant value. You can take a look at

Create a Notification Method - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: Change SDM Email From Address Tenant

Posted Dec 29, 2017 08:37 AM

Hi

I tryed to create a new notification method with the -F parameter but it not worked

• 4.  Re: Change SDM Email From Address Tenant

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 29, 2017 10:03 AM

Do you mean your external script that uses pdm_mail with -F does not work?

In that case, do you mind post the script here?

• 5.  Re: Change SDM Email From Address Tenant

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 28, 2017 02:41 PM

Paulo,

The "from" address in a notification is controlled by the NX.env variable setting "NX_MAIL_FROM_ADDRESS".  This is a global setting that would require custom coding to override.  

There is an idea in place in Communities which you could review and upvote for consideration:

mail_from_address option per tenant 

• 6.  Re: Change SDM Email From Address Tenant
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 03, 2018 05:26 AM

As mentioned by Chi Chen,  in first step,you will need to create a new notification method for each of your tenant ehere you can overwrite the from address using the -F  and -T tags like below as an example:

pdm_mail -F "myemail@ mytenant.com" -T "myemail@ mytenant.com"

the in step 2 you will need to update each contacts of the corresponding tenant to use this new method.

Hope this help.

/J

• 7.  Re: Change SDM Email From Address Tenant

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2018 01:31 PM

Paulo....

Did the information provided by jmayer help?

If so, please mark his answer as "correct" so that this thread can be marked as completed.