Clarity

• 1.  Column headings/Values highlighting in the List view of a Custom Object. 

Posted Dec 27, 2017 05:40 AM

There is a requirement to highlight the column headings and its values in the List View of a custom object .

If column header highlighting is not possible ,  Is there any way to highlight its values ? This is a simple calculated attribute of a custom object and the attribute is configured in the List View for the users .

I tried setting the Display Mapping Color and the range value 'From' to 'To '(e.g.- Red with (0 - 10000) ) ,however this is not working . Any pointer is highly appreciated . Thank you !

Clarity Version - 14.3

• 2.  Re: Column headings/Values highlighting in the List view of a Custom Object. 

Posted Dec 27, 2017 08:40 AM

I don't think you will be able to do that in the custom objects' list views. These kind of customization could be done in portlets (may be) but what you are looking for is object list views, so that is not possible as per my knowledge. Hope that helps. 

• 3.  Re: Column headings/Values highlighting in the List view of a Custom Object. 
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 27, 2017 12:43 PM

I don't think there is a supported way to achieve column header highlighting.

Could you please provide more information about why the display mapping is not working? Have you selected the display element to be 'Image' ?

Also, row highlighting can be done when a particular attribute is not zero. This is available in List Options. But I think it does not suit your requirement though.

• 4.  Re: Column headings/Values highlighting in the List view of a Custom Object. 

Posted Dec 27, 2017 01:38 PM

I want to make sure I have understood the question correctly. Is your requirement to display a color indicator (instead of values) for certain attributes in the list view as shown below?

If yes, you need to ensure that the field's property has the "Display Elements" tag set to "Image" (as mentioned in Sridhar's post). (Object -> Views Tab -> <Object> List -> [Fields] -> [Attribute Properties] 

Please note that you cannot have the column header highlighted in Bold. 

• 5.  Re: Column headings/Values highlighting in the List view of a Custom Object. 

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 27, 2017 10:40 PM

Hi,

I think that there is no option to highlight the column header of custom object list view.

There is option to highlight rows.

Options->Configure->List Column Section->Options->Highlight Row by Attribute

(A row will be highlighted when this attribute is not zero)

A row which is not zero value are highlighted as the followings. (I tested in ppm15.3)

Regards,

Shoichi

• 6.  Re: Column headings/Values highlighting in the List view of a Custom Object. 

Posted Jan 04, 2018 05:31 AM

Thank you everyone for confirming that The column heading highlighting is not possible .