CA Service Management

• 1.  Run_GRLoader_Command Operator

Posted Dec 27, 2017 05:27 PM

Hello team.
    I would like to know if anyone has one functional example about how to use/configure operators from CA CMDB connector, e.g.:
    - Run_GRLoader_Command (meaningful)
    - Register_via_GRLoader
    - Invoke_CMDB_Web_Service

Regards,
    Robin.

• 2.  Re: Run_GRLoader_Command Operator

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 02, 2018 01:01 PM

Happy New Year.

Have you reviewed the GRLoader documentation found at General Resource Loader - GRLoader - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Run_GRLoader_Command Operator

Posted Jan 03, 2018 05:21 PM

Hello Paul.

Happy new year. 

Yes, I have already studied GRLoader documentation from CA SDM wiki side. Therefore, I know how to run GRLoader command from SDM server.

What I would like to know is how to use PAM Operators from CA CMDB Connector to invoke/run GRLoader commands.

Thanks. Regards,

• 4.  Re: Run_GRLoader_Command Operator

Posted Jan 04, 2018 07:41 AM

Hi,

I don't believe this is available directly however to invoke Grloader from Web service using PAM or others you can create and declare your own server method in spl using the exec to execute grloader localy and then use the SOAP Web Service callServerMethod method to execute remotely

Hope this help

/J

• 5.  Re: Run_GRLoader_Command Operator

Posted Jan 08, 2018 07:11 AM

Hi Robin,

Have a look at the PAM Custom Operators:

Custom Operators - CA Process Automation - 04.3.02 - CA Technologies Documentation 

I believe with this, you should be able to call command line and scripting applications like GRLoader from PAM.

Hope this helps somewhat...

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 6.  Re: Run_GRLoader_Command Operator

Posted May 18, 2018 04:39 PM

Hi Robin!

I had the same Question and I can did use the Register-via_GRLoader Operator whit the next parameteres:

On GrLoader Connection Options tab, on my environment the tomcat por is by default 443, i think that you should use the port tomcat

and on properties I copied the env.nx archive and paste it on a new folder ("E:/Cargas_CMDB/SDM)

Input file is the archive .XML whit the CI to update

after that I can run the operator and update the CI on the cmdb. I hope it has been helpfull