DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Number of Workstations MOM / Collector

Posted Dec 27, 2017 10:18 PM

Hello!

I have a MON that 80 workstations are connected every day (aprox.), I see this through the Number of Workstations metric, looking at the collectors we have this same metric (Number of Workstations) and they do not show any connected stations, this would be normal or I have a balancing problem.

MOM

Colletor

Do the workstations also connect through the collectors or only in the MON?

appreciate!!

• 2.  Re: Number of Workstations MOM / Collector
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 27, 2017 10:48 PM

Hi,

The workstations connect to MOM, not connect to the collector EMs. MOM connects to the collector EMs. Your snapshots are normal.

Thanks,

Takeshi

• 3.  Re: Number of Workstations MOM / Collector

Posted Dec 28, 2017 07:00 AM

Hi! Thank you! By Information!

Att!

• 4.  Re: Number of Workstations MOM / Collector

Posted Dec 28, 2017 08:22 AM

Hello,

Each connection to a MOM or Collector from a workstation is direct and independent (by hostname or ip address, tcp port, user and password). The self-balancing that is administered by the MOM is applied to the agents that report metrics to the collectors, depending on the availability of each collector's processing (calculation made by the MOM), modifying in hot the collector of destination of the agents. Given the above, what you observe is normal.

If a workstation is connected to a collector, you will only see the metrics of the agents that are reporting to it (investigator), and from the management module editor, only the modules implemented in the collector.