Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Resource Constraints in Automatically create project Schedule

• 1.  Resource Constraints in Automatically create project Schedule

Posted Dec 28, 2017 10:09 AM

Hi,

I was trying to change de default value for Resource Constraints to 'Cleared'  but I couldn´t do that.  Somebody know how can I do that.

Thanks a lot,

Cira

Automatically Create Project Schedules with Autoschedule

Resource Constraints
    Specifies if you want Autoschedule to consider resource availability when scheduling the project.
    Default: Selected

Note: If you clear the check box, Autoschedule treats resources as if they have unlimited availability. Each task is scheduled against the total availability for the resource, but not against the remaining availability for the resource which takes other task assignments into consideration. This results in the shortest possible schedule, but it can also cause over-commitment of resources.

• 2.  Re: Resource Constraints in Automatically create project Schedule

Posted Jan 11, 2018 10:24 AM

Hi Cira!

I checked and it doesn't seem possible to update that at the moment. Sorry for the late reply.

If you go to Administration > Reports and Jobs > [Autoschedule Job] > Parameters on the tab list, you'll see all of the parameters that are available when the job is scheduled. 

We see that the in the 'Default' column, that the parameter 'Resource Constraints' is checked on, but the option is grayed out so it looks like it can't be changed. 

You might be able to raise an enhancement for the ability to update the defaults. Hope that helped  

• 3.  Re: Resource Constraints in Automatically create project Schedule

Posted Jan 22, 2018 01:38 PM

Thanks,

I appreciate your answer.

Cira

• 4.  Re: Resource Constraints in Automatically create project Schedule
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 12, 2018 01:58 AM

Hi Cira,

I could change the default value for Resource Constraints to 'Cleared' by using xog.

I xogout [ Autoschedule Project ] job definition by using xog with [cmn_sch_job_definitions_read.xml] like as followings.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_read.xsd">

<Header version="8.0" action="read" objectType="contentPack" externalSource="NIKU">
    <!-- you change the order by simply swap 1 and 2 number in the name attribute -->
    <args contentType="job_definition" name="order_by_1" value="job_code"/>
    <!--args name="order_by_2" value="executable"/-->
    <!--args name="order_by_3" value="jobType"/-->
    </Header>

<JobQuery>
    <Filter name="code" criteria="EQUALS">autosched_project</Filter>
    </JobQuery>

</NikuDataBus>

I changed [defaultValue] of parameter tag for [constraints] in xogout xml from "1" to "0" like as followings.

<parameter code="constraints" dataType="boolean" defaultValue="0" order="6" readOnly="false" required="false" widgetType="checkbox"> .....

After xogin, default value for Resource Constraints to 'Cleared'.

Regards,

Shoichi

• 5.  Re: Resource Constraints in Automatically create project Schedule

Posted Jan 22, 2018 01:36 PM

Thank you much Shoichi