DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Experience View Team Center Issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 29, 2017 04:46 AM

Hi, 

we defined in our production environment several universes, based on agent clusters, and simple experience cards based on entire specific universe.

When ALL MY UNIVERSES is set, we are having experience of this issue: in all experience cards we have 2 kind of warnings : Maximum number of metrics exceeded and No traffic and no data.

We have the same problem if we set wily-mom components Universe.

When we set a specific custom defined Universe, the related experience card view is correct.

Has anyone encountered this kind of problem?

Any suggestion?

Thank You

Marco

• 2.  Re: Experience View Team Center Issue
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 29, 2017 05:57 AM

This sounds similar to the issue described here:

APM Team Center 10.5.x Experience View - "That's a lot of data" 

You are likely accessing a smaller set of data in your custom Universe. Alternatively, you can try increasing the  introscope.apmserver.atc.landing.clamp.size clamp. However, please note that this clamp is in place to limit excessive load on the EM and you may experience performance issues if the environment is not sized to handle the increased load. 

• 3.  Re: Experience View Team Center Issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 29, 2017 09:30 AM

Hi Thomas,

thank You. We set the parameter to value 1000, after several attempts at lower values.

In this way customer can see the experience cards populated also in ALL MY UNIVERSES context.

We'll keep under control the EM performances with more attention than usual.

• 4.  RE: Re: Experience View Team Center Issue

Posted Aug 06, 2019 02:13 PM
    Hi there I can't seem to locate the property introscope.apmserver.atc.landing.clamp.size, is this still present in 10.7.0.45?  Should be within IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.properties correct?

• 5.  Re: Experience View Team Center Issue

Posted Jan 04, 2018 07:29 PM

Marco,

The issue is the number of experiences that are discovered and/or displayed at any one time.  In Live mode, the OOTB clamp is set at 500, and in Historical mode the OOTB clamp is set at 50.  You can raise the clamps but be cautious how high you raise them as the system has to read all the data in, and that takes time.  As you monitor more applications and create more universes and experience cards, even raising the clamps may not work when using ALL MY UNIVERSES. The best case, as Thomas suggested, is to create multiple smaller universes to organize your experience cards and thus reduce the number of large cards that have a lot of experiences. Assign personnel to those universes, if that's the way you manage, so that when they login they only see their universes and not all of them.

Another trick I discovered was to reduce the number of cards displayed on the Team Center canvas at one time.  You can do that by increasing the size of the components using the Ctrl-Mouse Wheel combo or decreasing your window size.  For example, in your screen shot above you have four cards.  You could either expand the size of the cards to show only one or two cards, or shrink your window to do the same.  The only caveat with these methods is that any card or combination of cards that exceeds the number of experiences clamp will still have the issue of not showing the data.

Smaller universes and fewer cards is by far the best way to organize your views so you can see what you need.