CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Catalog sending Automatic Rejection emails

• 1.  Catalog sending Automatic Rejection emails

Posted Dec 28, 2017 11:52 AM

Some of our requests take a long time to get fulfilled, but Service Catalog seems to be sending "Last warning before request is automatically rejected" emails after a ticked has been created in SDM.

Now, as far as I can see, in every case, a request has gone beyond a 30 day time period before getting approved. So I can understand why an email is getting sent to a person to do something, but then the same person is getting another email 30 days later (so, 60 days).

Why is that?

I have checked the Event/Rules/Actions, but I can't seem to find the event that's firing this email. But there are hundreds so I could be just missing it.

Could it be SDM? Is it because in SDM the ticket is still open?

Any advice?

• 2.  Re: Catalog sending Automatic Rejection emails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2018 09:24 AM

Good Afternoon Stephen.

Some notes on this form me:
    - Can you see/find out 'who' is sending the email message? (SC, PAM or SDM)?
    - Can you check the 'From:' for those messages.
    - For SC, which ERA are you referring to? Is that an ootb or a self-defined ERA?

Kind regards, Louis van Amelsfort.

• 3.  Re: Catalog sending Automatic Rejection emails

Posted Jan 03, 2018 09:36 AM

The emails are coming from Service Catalog, but I can not see which ERA is sending them. I haven't created any new ERAs so if it exists it's ootb.

• 4.  Re: Catalog sending Automatic Rejection emails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2018 10:16 AM

Good Afternoon Stephen.

Please provide me a screenshot of the email message that you received?

Sofar, I checked the mdb content for a possible ERA with the text from your description in the 'where clause'.

Possibly, a screenshot will help me further?

Thanks and kind regards, Louis.

PS. Are you sure it is not PAM, sending those messages? :-)

• 5.  Re: Catalog sending Automatic Rejection emails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2018 10:26 AM

Good Afternoon Stephen.

Could it be like this: "SLA warning/violation emails are fired after the request status is changed"?

Kind regards, Louis.

• 6.  Re: Catalog sending Automatic Rejection emails

Posted Jan 03, 2018 10:39 AM

Here is the text being sent - "LAST WARNING BEFORE REQUEST IS AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED. Approval for request overdue. Request has been escalated to you for your review. Please review and approve or reject."

I have talked with or PAM admin about this and he swears it's not PAM.

And I have checked those SLA rules. The main ones are Enabled, but the sub-processes (the ones that actually send the emails) are Disabled. All of them are ootb, and the email messages are different. But even if they WERE coming from those rules, where do I set the time/day limit?

• 7.  Re: Catalog sending Automatic Rejection emails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2018 02:06 AM

Good Morning Stephen.

Then I am out of options.

And after further looking into this one, it seems/appears that a 'quick answer' can not be made available within this community thread.
    Apparently, 'investigation' and/or 'debugging' is needed to find a possible cause and solution for this.
    Therefor I want to ask you to consider to open a 'standard' case.
    Through which you can get 'standard' and 'full-service' follow-up by our Support Level 1 Team.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and kind regards, Louis.

• 8.  Re: Catalog sending Automatic Rejection emails
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 04, 2018 09:29 AM

Hey Stephen,

This notification is coming from /Custom Operators/CA SLCM/EscalationProcess which is invoked by the OOTB Approval process. The time to wait before sending the escalation emails is controlled by Parameters > EscalationWaitTime in the SLCM_GlobalDataset. Following has some additional info:

https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1802228.html

Thanks,

Jason

• 9.  Re: Catalog sending Automatic Rejection emails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2018 01:27 PM

Stephen......

Did the information provided by Jason_Wolfe address your question?

If so, please mark his answer as "correct" so that this thread can be marked as completed.

• 10.  Re: Catalog sending Automatic Rejection emails

Posted Jan 04, 2018 01:54 PM

I will mark his answer as correct because normally yes, I think this would resolve the issue. But our situation has become different and I am going to need to open a support ticket.