CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

re-auto assign a ticket when a request area is changed on the ticket without hitting the re-auto assign tab.

• 1.  re-auto assign a ticket when a request area is changed on the ticket without hitting the re-auto assign tab.

Posted Dec 29, 2017 09:46 AM

Hi Team, we know that we can auto-assign the ticket when a request area is selected. we need to re-auto assign a ticket when a request area is changed on the ticket without hitting the re-auto assign tab. Is there any process for achieving this functionality. at an average we open and close requests more than 500 a day. teams working on the ticket may change the request area as per the team working on it. Please let us know the possible solution without hitting the re-auto assign button manually. Regards, Venu

• 2.  Re: re-auto assign a ticket when a request area is changed on the ticket without hitting the re-auto assign tab.
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 29, 2017 12:07 PM

Hi Venu,

Thank you for reaching out with this request. I've taken a look into triggering the re-auto-assign process on save, and have come up with adding the following to the detail_cr form in Web Screen Painter:

<PDM_IF "$args.category" != "">
    <PDM_IF "$args.category.auto_assign" == "1" || "$args.category.auto_assign" == "2">
    function preSaveTrigger()
    {
    re_auto_assign('$args.assignee','$args.group','$args.customer','$args.category','$args.auto_assign','$args.persistent_id','$args.affected_resource','$args.category.auto_assign')
    }
    </PDM_IF>
    </PDM_IF>

I basically took the functionality of re_auto_assign, and added a pre-save trigger to kick it off. Unfortunately, it looks like the IF statements are still throwing an error for me at this point, but I think this will be a great starting point for you. I'll continue to look into correcting my statements, and update this post if I make any additional progress.

Thank you,

Eddie

• 3.  Re: re-auto assign a ticket when a request area is changed on the ticket without hitting the re-auto assign tab.

Posted Dec 29, 2017 12:11 PM

Thanks Eddie,

You have given me a starting point – let me also try with this and update you back

• 4.  Re: re-auto assign a ticket when a request area is changed on the ticket without hitting the re-auto assign tab.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 02, 2018 12:55 PM

Venu.........

Happy New Year.

Did the information provided by Eddie help you?

If so, please mark his answer as "correct" so that this thread can be marked as completed.

• 5.  Re: re-auto assign a ticket when a request area is changed on the ticket without hitting the re-auto assign tab.

Posted Jan 02, 2018 12:59 PM

Paul,

I am still working on it -