Clarity

• 1.  Idea to Project Conversion

Posted Jan 02, 2018 12:59 PM

Good afternoon.  We are on version 15.2 and are working to change the idea object view.  Currently, when we convert an object to a project, the field values in the idea do not carry forward to the project.  Can someone help me with why this might be happening?  Was there something setup incorrectly?

• 2.  Re: Idea to Project Conversion

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 02, 2018 03:03 PM

If have not already please see if the following TEC article help...

Clarity: Mapping Idea attributes to Project attributes 

• 3.  Re: Idea to Project Conversion

Posted Jan 02, 2018 11:35 PM

Generally, if the attribute is to be used for Ideas and Projects, I create the attribute on the Investment object.  I believe these attributes are automatically copied over when an Idea is converted to a Project.

• 4.  RE: Re: Idea to Project Conversion

Posted Apr 10, 2023 08:33 AM

Can anyone guide me or direct to a link where I can find some reference script for the automation of Idea to Project Conversion.

• 5.  Re: Idea to Project Conversion

Posted Jan 04, 2018 08:56 AM

Are you referring to the Out of the box fields or fields you created?  If it's fields you created, then you need to create them on the Investment object like Roland stated.

• 6.  Re: Idea to Project Conversion

Posted Jan 09, 2018 10:20 PM

I believe they are custom fields that were created in the past.

• 7.  Re: Idea to Project Conversion

Posted Jan 04, 2018 11:43 PM

Need to know more about the issue before I can effectively answer your question. Creating custom attributes in the investment object is one way of ensuring values are copied from the idea to the converted project. Another approach is to have the custom attributes in Idea and Projects have the same attribute IDs. But, I am not sure of the exact nature of your problem. 

• 8.  Re: Idea to Project Conversion
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 05, 2018 08:54 AM

You need to update the mapping, or make sure the id's map between objects.

See my detailed answer in link below

Idea to Project Conversion 

• 9.  Re: Idea to Project Conversion

Posted Jan 09, 2018 10:21 PM

Thank you everyone.