CA Service Management

• 1.  Knowledge Document Templates

Posted Jan 04, 2018 03:34 AM

Currently we are working on SDM 14.1 and will be upgrading to 17.x this year.

We are trying to set up a knowledge document structure for our environment and have a business requirement to have documents for both incident and change.  While we are able to make use of the current structure of the knowledge document template for incidents, it does not work for our change knowledge documents.  Currently, the functionality exists for you to create a new template, but it would appear that this only allows you to work within the structure that is currently available i.e. Hide the problem, Hide the title etc. and then you are able to edit the detail "box". 

Surely, if you hide the title and it cannot be completed, then you also lose the search functionality against the title (this would also apply for the other hidden boxes). 

Is it possible to create a template where I can rename the title, summary, problem and resolution on the page so that those fields can be better understood as they would apply to the change knowledge document?

Is it possible to create custom fields on the table and utilize those instead, but also make them available to the search engine?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Regards

chris

• 2.  Re: Knowledge Document Templates

Posted Jan 04, 2018 09:12 AM

Hi,

I'm not sure why you will need to have a different structure can you eventually explain more your business requirements? ...

You can eventually customize the detail.kd htmpl form with some if statement to rename those fields based on context but for me a KB doc is a KB doc either if for change or incidents or any others

Rgds

/J

• 3.  Re: Knowledge Document Templates
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2018 03:49 PM

Hello Chris, yes you can create a new knowledge document template add the fields and given them header names as you wish.  There are also some custom fields available for use, however only the Title, Summary, Problem and Resolution can be searched on.

Administration>Knowledge>Documents>Document Templates, create new.

On the new Template>Edit Detail>Select Template Placeholder dropdown, select the fields you wish and provide header names.

I assume you will have Knowledge Categories specifically for Change Orders, you can select this Template on those Categories so when a Document gets created the Template is automatically used.

Regards,

Richard Ritter

CA Support

• 4.  Re: Knowledge Document Templates

Posted Jan 05, 2018 02:50 PM

Hi chris157.157 - did ritri01 's response help you out here?