DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  CA APM performance (EP Agent)

Posted Jan 04, 2018 03:22 AM

Hello All,

We are facing the similar kind of issue with EPAgent, one of our user application sever using more memory. in the IntroscopeEPAgent.properties file i couldn't find the agent clamp related property. Where should i get this property if i want to clamp agent metrics limit.  Anyone have an idea on this. our APM version is 9.1.

• 2.  Re: CA APM performance (EP Agent)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2018 09:49 AM

9.1is no longer supported. Please update your agents and EMs.

• 3.  Re: CA APM performance (EP Agent)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2018 09:51 AM

The metric clamp is on the EM, not the agent.

• 4.  Re: CA APM performance (EP Agent)
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 04, 2018 01:20 PM

Hello Bridi,

Generally the java processes got a high consume of resources (ram, cpu). EPAgent have a use equilibrate of the resources, and improvements from one version to another higher. By my experience how developer, the major use of recourses is on the plugins. On our customer, we have a best performance with Perl plugins over Java plugins, even though it also depends on what the each plugin does.

We have a windows server with only one agent (EP) with a one java plugin, but this plugin generate over 80000 metrics. And this server always is generating alerts, by exced both cpu and ram use.

On the other hand we have a server with 30 EPAgent, some with a single plugin and others with more than one plugin (perl plugins), more other applications running (CA ADA) on the server and see alerts of use of cpu and ram is litle probable.

• 5.  Re: CA APM performance (EP Agent)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2018 04:31 PM

You can clamp on the agent side by adding this property to the epagent properties file.

introscope.agent.metricClamp