CA IT Asset Manager (CA ITAM) - Software Asset Manager (SAM) Customers
The CA IT Asset Manager Product Team
General Availability Announcement for CA ITAM - Software Asset Manager 4.2.4 capabilities
On behalf of CA Technologies, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce that CA ITAM - Software Asset Manager 4.2.4 capabilities are now available.
New Features for CA ITAM - Software Asset Manager 4.2.4 include:
· Simulations are now Importable: Simulation tables are now importable, making comparisons between different scenarios easier.
· FlowControl Extensions: Comments can now be added to multiple requests via a mass operation. The process configuration page has been simplified by hiding options that are not active. A new license status is available for the new product field "purchase not allowed." Activating the new status prevents the purchase of such licenses.
· Combined View for Manufacturer and Supplier Contacts: A new combined view for manufacturer and supplier contacts is now available. Additionally, it is now possible to create contacts that are valid for both manufacturers and suppliers.
· Preparations for Harvesting Campaigns: Harvesting campaigns will allow users to identify unused installations and to notify users of those. In order to free up licenses, the identified installations can be removed automatically.
· Preparations for the Support of Failover Scenarios: Two new tables allow for assigning failover attributes to device in support of planned functionality for metric engines to consider these attributes during the demand calculation.
· New Connectors: The following new standard connectors are available:
Lansweeper Inventory: This new connector supports importing devices and raw software data into the application.
Symantec Altiris 8.0: This new connector supports importing devices and raw software data into the application.
Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features, or implementing this latest release, our CA Services experts can help. For more information on CA Services and how you can leverage our expertise, please visit www.ca.com/services. To connect, learn and share with other customers, join and participate in our CA Service Management Community at https://communities.ca.com/.
To review CA Support lifecycle policies, please review the CA Support Policy and Terms located at: https://support.ca.com/. Thank you again for your business.