DX NetOps

• 1.  Functions in ca spectrum

Posted Jan 05, 2018 04:53 AM

Hi,

Is there any functions in ca spectrum.If there please list out the functions and their syntax in detail.

Thanks,

Geetika  

• 2.  Re: Functions in ca spectrum

Posted Jan 05, 2018 05:25 AM

HI Geetika ,

Can you please brief your requirement.

Regards

Ganesan.

• 3.  Re: Functions in ca spectrum

Posted Jan 05, 2018 06:05 AM

Hi,

I want to make customization(dynamic) on alert map and event disp file and to know the functionality of that files.Recently I know about the concept as event procedures,however I want to know the total picture of this event procedure and its functionality.From the previous conversations of ca forum I saw few functions like SetEventVariable,GetEventVariableList and append for event disp file customization.I want to know how to use functions and their syntax to change any modification on event disp and alert map file.

Thanks,

Geetika

• 4.  Re: Functions in ca spectrum

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 05, 2018 08:02 AM

Hi Geetika,

It may be in your best interest to contact our CA education team as they have a couple of classes on using/customizing Spectrum.   I believe there is an entire class devoted to AlertMap/EventDisp/Alarm/Event usage/customization...

In the meantime, you can review the docs for information on this:

Working with Events and Alarms - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

In that area is working with creating alarms using a Dynamic Alarm Title:

Working with Events and Alarms - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

As well as Event Procedure documentation:

How to Use Procedures in Event Processing - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Cheers

Jay

• 5.  Re: Functions in ca spectrum
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 08, 2018 04:39 AM

That's pretty easy actually. You can get the whole list of functions with the XML files present in the directory <$SPECROOT>\SS\CsVendor\CA\Procedures. Each XML file corresponds to one function available in Event Procedure. The header of each file usually describes the role of the function and the way to use it properly with some examples.

• 6.  Re: Functions in ca spectrum

Posted Jan 09, 2018 08:25 PM

This belongs in the CA Spectrum community so i am moving this thread there. Please be sure to follow that community if you work with that product.