When trying to connect to a SQL database in Datamaker, we are receiving the following error message, despite being able to connect to it using the same details in the SQL Server management studio:
CA Test Data Manager-Datamaker has experienced a problem connecting to your SQL Server Test Data Repository using the information supplied.
The error message returned from the SQL Server client software is given below:
SQLSTATE = 08001
[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0] TCP Provider: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
Please rule out the following common causes of this connectivity issue before contacting support:
1. SQL Server service is not running on SQL Server.
2. TCP/IP protocol is not enabled for SQL Server.
3. SQL Server Browser service is not running on SQL Server.
4. Firewall on SQL Server is blocking TCP port of SQL Server.
5. Firewall on SQL Server is blocking UDP port (1434) of SQL Server browser.
To view the cause and resolution of this issue, please go here- https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1107331.html