One of our engineers created a working example of implementing a soap service with XPATH and CSV. Here are the details of the steps, and the flow is attached to this post.
This is a Javelin flow that does SOAP calls in a while loop which saves the results in XML, and uses XPATH to extract values into a CSV file.
If you have internet connection - then this flow will work on your machine as-is
Detailed feature list : -
- Call SOAP action = ADD on public web service (http://www.dneonline.com/calculator.asmx?WSDL )
- Prepare inputs for SOAP call using Random Number Generator in VB.NET
- Call SOAP action 10 times using While Activity
- Create directory to store responses of SOAP action based value of windows environment variable àAPPDATA
- Put 1 second wait between each iteration of WHILE loop using wait activity
- Pretty Print the response XML without namespaces
- Store response of SOAP call to XML files using File Activity
- Create XML Response files names based on current local date time
- Do simple XPATH search using XPATH activity
- Do advance XPATH search using XMLDocObj.SelectSingleNode(XPATH)
- Create Data Table Object and store inputs and outputs (of XPATH search) in it using Invoke Method Activity
- Create CSV from Data Table using Export Data Table Activity
- Put new lines in log output using Environment.NewLine
Hope this will help with your implementation of Javelin.