When trying to connect to my SQL Server database in Datamaker, I am receiving the following error:
Cannot connect using supplied values.
SQL Server Error: 18456
[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Login failed for user <username>\<servername>.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Launch Datamaker by right-clicking on the icon and choosing the 'Run as elevated' option.
2. In the 'Create connection profile for Test Data Repository' window, choose the 'I need to provide credentials for my Test Data Repository' radio button.
3. In the 'Database Type' tab, for the question 'What type of database is being used for your Test Data Repository?', choose Microsoft SQL Server.
4. In the 'ODBC Data Source Administrator' window, under the 'User DSN' tab and 'User Data Sources', choose 'dBASE files- Microsoft Access dBASE driver', and click 'OK'.
5. In the 'Create a new Data Source' window, select the driver 'SQL Server Native Client 10.0' and click 'Finish'.
6. Add in the name, description, and server that you want to connect to:
7. In response to 'How should SQL Server verify the authenticity of the login ID?', choose the 'With Integrated Windows authentication' radio button and click 'Next'.
- Also have the box checked for 'Connect to SQL Server to obtain default settings for this additional configuration options.
- Expected result: I continue setting up the repository.
- Actual result: I get a connection failed for user error message.
To view the cause and resolution of this issue, please go here- https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1998411.html