Layer7 API Management

• 1.  How to increase API Gateway timeout?

Posted Jan 08, 2018 12:33 PM

Hi all,

Currently, our API Gateway times out all request after 60 seconds. Can you point me to the property to manage this, please?

Also, is it possible to configure this at a service level? For example, I may want to leave it at 60 seconds, but perhaps I want a specific service to timeout at 120 seconds.

Thanks in advance,

-Jaime

• 2.  Re: How to increase API Gateway timeout?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 08, 2018 01:14 PM

Jamie,

Are you looking for changing the Gateway timeout for incoming requests, or outgoing requests?

You may want to review these documentation pages (depending on which way you want to change the timeout):

Sincerely,

Dustin Dauncey
    Sr Support Engineer, Global Customer Success
    Email: Dustin.Dauncey@ca.com
    Phone: +1 800 225 5224 ,48385
    Phone if outside North America - https://tinyurl.com/CAContactSupport
    CA API Management Community: https://tinyurl.com/CAAPIMCommunity

• 3.  Re: How to increase API Gateway timeout?

Posted Jan 08, 2018 02:48 PM

Hey Dustin,

Thanks for your quick reply, the property we were looking for was io.outTimeout, listed in the last link you provided.

Best,

-Jaime

• 4.  RE: Re: How to increase API Gateway timeout?

Posted Jan 20, 2020 02:34 PM
    Hi,

At the gateway level we have timeout set to 20s and this applies to all the incoming services and the routes for all the services.
    io.outTimeout=20000
    io.outConnectTimeout=1000

At the routing assertion

When a client consumes the API, even if the routing service takes longer than 20 seconds, I do not want to close the connection to the client. 
    One of my routing service is taking longer than 20s. I can change routing assertion and set a custom timeout of 30s. It will take care of the routing assertion taking longer than 20 seconds. But my connection to the client is timing out.  I do not want to increase the system wide io.outTimeout and effect every service. Is there a way to change this only for one service?