CA Service Management

• 1.  Is there a way to have a query generate entries based on an object?

Posted Jan 08, 2018 02:59 PM

We are trying to set up a scoreboard that will take the number of incidents or requests in a given Group's queue and show them broken up by user they are assigned to without having to write a unique query and node for each user?

So if the Telephony group has five members it would show similar to this

My Group (36)

- Tina (14)

- Brad (7)

- Ted (3)

- Jess (2)

- Francine (2)

- Unassigned (8)

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to have a query generate entries based on an object?

Posted Jan 09, 2018 08:12 AM

Hi Richard,

Unfortunately the this is not something that can be done currently within the product.  The scoreboard feature is a very basic and simplistic set of functions that allows only a single query to show a single list.  It does not have any grouping capability etc.  That type of thing is more often done using a reporting type dashboard.  You would need to create a separate scoreboard query for each of those people in a separate scoreboard node.  You could make them child nodes of a base node, so you would see the base node and can then expand that to show the additional queries for each user, but unfortunately you will have to create separate queries for each and maintain those going forward. 

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to have a query generate entries based on an object?

Posted Jan 22, 2018 01:32 PM

This is what I figured would be the answer but our current configuration of roles precludes us from using this method.  Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to have a query generate entries based on an object?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 09, 2018 08:34 AM

Hi Richard,

I tried to create a query to match to your requirement out of enthusiasm (over enthusiasm in this case) but could find a link to map the relationship and fetch the individual records in a single query. With the current product features, I don't see any feasibility of this feature but rather agree with Jon on the behavior.

• 5.  Re: Is there a way to have a query generate entries based on an object?

Posted Jan 22, 2018 01:30 PM

I knew it was a bit of a stretch but I have been surprised by this app in the past.  Thank you for your effort!