DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  APM webview anomaly

Posted Jan 09, 2018 06:23 AM

Hi everybody,

I’m currently experiencing  an anomaly with my Webview production environment.

This is the following anomaly I encountered:

All the Management Modules in the Introscope Workstation are well placed in the SuperDomain; instead, in the Webview, they are misplaced and by misplaced I mean that the MMs are assigned in other sub-Domain.

I woud like some support from someone that has experienced this kind of issues in order to sort it out.

Thank you for your time and of course I’ll stay on the line to provide any additional info if  needed,

Yann

• 2.  Re: APM webview anomaly

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 09, 2018 09:08 AM

Hi,

A screenshot would better show us exactly what you are seeing.  

Just going by what you are saying, it sounds like you are logging in as Admin (which has access to SuperDomain and all Domains).  Upon creation of a Management Module, you have the ability to create them inside a domain or SuperDomain.  If you create them inside a subdomain, Superdomain is allowed to see them as well and they will appear in both places.

Regards,
    Matt

• 3.  Re: APM webview anomaly
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 09, 2018 10:59 AM

Hi,

I noticed that using the workstation, if a domain doesn't contain a MM, in Management Module editor, under the domain name node, the folder Management Modules appears in any case (and in this case it's empty).

If you are using the Webview, if a domains doesn't contain any MM, in the Management tab, the domain name node is empty.

This could lead to an incorrect evaluation of the issue. 

• 4.  Re: APM webview anomaly

Posted Jan 11, 2018 03:51 AM

Thank you for the answer Marco, thank you Matt.

I studied a little more and I was actually wrong about the anomaly, it is a normal beahvior.

Have a nice day,

Yann