Test Data Manager

Tech Tip: TDoD error: The type initializer for 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleClientFactory' threw an exception

• 1.  Tech Tip: TDoD error: The type initializer for 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleClientFactory' threw an exception

Posted Jan 09, 2018 02:38 PM

I am trying to use Test Data on Demand (TDoD) to expose the data pools I have created in Datamaker. When trying to start the TDoD service, I am seeing the following error messages in the log files:

2017-08-02 09:38:29,411 [4] FATAL GTWCFHost.GTWCFHost - Exception occurred while opening service host connection 
    2017-08-02 09:38:29,448 [4] FATAL GTWCFHost.GTWCFHost - Exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. 
    2017-08-02 09:38:29,448 [4] FATAL GTWCFHost.GTWCFHost - Inner Exception: The type initializer for 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleClientFactory' threw an exception. 

This is the error I am seeing in the TDoD Config Editor: 
    Unable to start TDoD Service in specified interval. Please check service logs for any error 

To view the cause and resolution of this issue, please go here- https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1054792.html