CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Auto Assignment

• 1.  Auto Assignment

Posted Jan 11, 2018 03:04 AM

Hi All,

Please let me know if out of the box location based auto assignment can be changed to some other object or attribute.

or suggest me any trick to set group value dynamically based on custom attribute available on cnt object.

CA SDM 12.9, 14.1

Regards,

• 2.  Re: Auto Assignment

Posted Jan 11, 2018 08:38 AM

Hi Ritu,

Out of the box the only auto-assignment options are by Configuration Item (Asset), OR by Location (and thats the location of the affected end user on the ticket).   Unfortunately, without a fair amount of customizations, we dont have a way out of the box to auto-assign based on another attribute.  However, can you give us a bit more information about what the bigger picture is of what you are trying to accomplish with auto-assignment?  There may be other ways of meeting your needs on this that we can share.

Thanks!

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Auto Assignment

Posted Jan 12, 2018 02:43 AM

Hi Jon,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Currently service desk is in use by customer and all out of the box fields (including location) are in use for other workflows.

But now customer is looking for assignment based on location, but location field is in use for different purpose in score board, data partitions and other spel code driven workflows.

Please suggest if you have any custom solution available to assignee group on tickets as per combination of custom attribute value of customer location and incident areas.

Attached scenario in file.

here selection of group first depend upon incidentAreaescalationtype value , if value is 1 , then group selection is based upon userlocationType1 and if value is 2 then group selection is based upon userlocationType2.

Group are also created as per grouplocationtype1 and grouplocationtype2

userlocationType1   SREL to locationType1 table

userlocationType2  SREL to locationType2

grouplocationtype1 SREL to locationType1

grouplocationtype SREl to locationType2

Thanks

• 4.  Re: Auto Assignment

Posted Jan 12, 2018 05:07 AM

Hi All,

Please provide idea if this can be achieved.

Thanks

• 5.  Re: Auto Assignment

Posted Jan 12, 2018 11:00 AM

Hi Rita - Unfortunately from a support standpoint I cant think of any other ideas here, and customization such as this would be outside our scope.   BUT, ...There may be some folks out here on the community that have accomplished something like this and may be willing to share their info with you.

Can anyone help out Rita with some real use case ideas for this one??

Thanks,
    Jon I.

• 6.  Re: Auto Assignment

Posted Jan 14, 2018 11:39 PM

Hi Jon,

Thanks  for input, now i only need to condition based attach of event on request/incident using spell code.

1. Please help if you have any example of attaching event based on checking customer location site name and custom request/incident area type value.

2. how many maximum events can be attached on service type and on tickets , and what would be the  impact on performance.

Thanks

• 7.  Re: Auto Assignment
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 15, 2018 01:15 AM

I can't help thinking that this seems like an unusually complicated way to assign tickets.  But if that's what you need to do...

Probably the easiest way to attach an event to a ticket is through an Activity Notification.  To implement that you need to take the following actions:

• create an Activity Association for both of your custom fields
    • create an Activity Notification for the Activity Association
    • create the event and any relevant condition
    • add your event and condition to the Activity Notification

The event can call any functionality you need, such as the macro 'Transfer to Event Group', or your own variation on it, to transfer the ticket to the relevant group.

I have used this approach in preference to attaching events using spel since 12.x when activity notification events became available, because I like having the events visible within the user interface rather than having them fired by triggers and hidden away in site\mods\majic.

Regards,

James

• 8.  Re: Auto Assignment

Posted Jan 15, 2018 09:54 AM

Hi  camja06

Off course you are right, its complicated as well as difficult to manage in future.

Please answer to my second query 

how many maximum events can be attached on service type and on tickets , and what would be the  impact on performance and how can i tune performance issue apart from adding more object manager.

Thanks.

• 9.  Re: Auto Assignment

Posted Jan 15, 2018 09:27 PM

Hi,

I am not aware of any limit on the number of events that can be attached to a ticket.  Given that each attached auto-assignment event will fire only once, and given that you would expect the group assignment to change only a small number of times (and perhaps only once) in the lifetime of any particular ticket, I can't see that adding these particular events would necessarily have any impact on performance.  However, in general, the more events you attach, the greater the chance of adverse impacts due to record locking, so although it is very tempting to add lots of events to add functionality, it is a temptation that should be yielded to in moderation :-).

Regards,

James

• 10.  Re: Auto Assignment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2018 11:09 AM

Ritu, you can take a look at

PreSaveTrigger - Type and Rootcause 

that is, you can consider using function preSaveTrigger2(){...} for this purpose in your detail_xx.htmpl form(s). Thanks _Chi

• 11.  Re: Auto Assignment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2018 09:53 AM

Ritu.........

Do you have any further questions regarding auto assignment within SDM?

If not, please mark one of the provided responses as correct so that this thread can be closed.