Clarity

• 1.  Portfolio Sync - Easy and Best way

Posted Jan 11, 2018 02:36 AM

CA-PPM Version 14.3

I know that, we can use the OOTB Job 'Synchronize portfolio investments' for automatic sync for the Portfolio. 

But, I can select only ONE portfolio at a time and if I have 20 active portfolios, I have to create 20 Jobs and schedule.

Is there any better option of syncing all active portfolios once a day?

Inside the portfolio General section, there is an option 'Sync Schedule'.  What is the difference between using the job     and using this feature?

Also, if I want to schedule once a day, should I select all 'Day of week'?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Venkitta

• 2.  Re: Portfolio Sync - Easy and Best way

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2018 03:32 AM

Hi Venkitta,

Yes, you can select only ONE portfolio at a time in  'Synchronize portfolio investments' job.

You need to create 20 Jobs and schedule if you have 20 active portfolios.

I have other option. I don't know it is better for you.

You can create process which invoke  'Synchronize portfolio investments' jobs 20 times for every active portfolios.

And you will schedule it by using 'Execute a Process' job.

'Sync Schedule' option of portfolio General section will invoke 'Synchronize portfolio investments' job automatically with that portfolio.

If you click 'Sync Schedule' option in portfolio_A, 'Synchronize portfolio investments' job that  portfolio_A is selected will be invoked automatically.

If you want to schedule it once a day, 'Use UNIX crontab entry format' maybe easy for you.

For example,  '05 5 * * *' will schedule job at every day am 5:05.

Regards,

Shoichi

• 3.  Re: Portfolio Sync - Easy and Best way
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 11, 2018 08:15 AM

Thanks Shoichi for the response.

I prefer to use the below option.  I think, if I select all days of the week in the sync property page, it will run daily instead of using UNIX crontab.

'Sync Schedule' option of portfolio General section will invoke 'Synchronize portfolio investments' job automatically with that portfolio.

Thanks