Test Data Manager

• 1.  Masking the Files

Posted Jan 11, 2018 05:28 AM

Hi Team,

Can anyone provide your inputs to overcome my scenario as explained below

1. I will get a production files to a file path with different naming conventions

2. So I have to mask the PII columns in the files and put it in other file path location(other server location)

Adding to the above requirement, I will get production files from different branches with different naming convention into same file path(there will be no subfolders)

If file is from trade branch, the naming convention of file will be trade_ddmmyyyy

If file is from corporate branch, the naming convention of file will be corporate_ddmmyyyy

So depend upon the naming convention of file the masking batch should run, for example if production filename is with trade_30012017 then my masking rules which are already built for trade file should be apply and then put it in the target file location(other server location)

Please let me know, if my explanation is not clear

Thanks,

Satish.

• 2.  Re: Masking the Files

Posted Jan 11, 2018 10:07 AM

Hi Satish, are you wanting FDM to automatically recognize the the naming convention of the file, choose masking rules based on the file type, and send results to a specific location based on file type? I do not think this is possible currently. 

• 3.  Re: Masking the Files
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2018 12:33 PM

You can use integrate Javelin and FDM to achieve what you are looking for. In the javelin process, you would read files from the directory, extract the file names, check and invoke the appropriate masking batch files to perform masking.

You can look at the javelin examples at the below link.

Visual Flow Examples - CA Test Data Manager - 4.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 4.  Re: Masking the Files

Posted Jan 22, 2018 05:24 AM

Thanks Anil, i will try with your inputs.

Regards,

Satish